+ Reply to Thread

JPP and Cruz are just kids......kids carrying Giants......

Just seeing the behind the scenes sights and sounds footage from the last few games these guys are just kids....excited kids.....having fun and playing the game with passion and fire. Not to say the rest of the team wasn't excited nor playing with fire but it just seems different with these two......fresh and not forced.

They're arguably the Giants' best offensive and defensive players on the team. At times this season when it seemed like the Giants were just going through the motions of another game it was these two kids who kept on making game changing play after game changing play.......when all the expectations of a season and weight of the moment should be falling on the shoulders of seasoned veterans it was thesekids who turned it onand got Big Blue through.....I'm in awe.....JPP (only 23) bailed out Tuck (Captain)and the D's early struggles and Cruz (only 25) has bailed out Eli (Captain) and the O on numerous occassions.......they seem tojust work harder than EVERYONE (both teams included) on the field.....I wonder if this has to do with them being young and hungry and initially without expectations.....wonder if the fire and excitement they bring will wear down over time.....I hope not.

It's scary to think each of these guys are still pretty raw with hopefully at least5-10 yearsin front of them as Giants.

Re: JPP and Cruz are just kids......kids carrying Giants......

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

Just seeing the behind the scenes sights and sounds footage from the last few games these guys are just kids....excited kids.....having fun and playing the game with passion and fire. Not to say the rest of the team wasn't excited nor playing with fire but it just seems different with these two......fresh and not forced.*

They're arguably the Giants' best offensive and defensive players on the team. At times this season when it seemed like the Giants were just going through the motions of another game it was these two kids who kept on making game changing play after game changing play.......when all the expectations of a season and weight of the moment should be falling on the shoulders of seasoned veterans it was these*kids who turned it on*and got Big Blue through.....I'm in awe.....JPP (only 23) bailed out Tuck (Captain)*and the D's early struggles and Cruz (only 25) has bailed out Eli (Captain) and the O on numerous occassions.......they seem to*just work harder than EVERYONE (both teams included) on the field.....I wonder if this has to do with them being young and hungry and initially without expectations.....wonder if the fire and excitement they bring will wear down over time.....I hope not.

It's scary to think each of these guys are still pretty raw with hopefully at least*5-10 years*in front of them as Giants.

[/quote]
    I think both will retire as Giants.

Starter

Believe it or not, Nicks is even younger than Cruz. I hope they're on the Giants for a very long time. And if there is a way, I want Manningham back. Look what he's been doing in the postseason.

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

Just seeing the behind the scenes sights and sounds footage from the last few games these guys are just kids....excited kids.....having fun and playing the game with passion and fire. Not to say the rest of the team wasn't excited nor playing with fire but it just seems different with these two......fresh and not forced.

They're arguably the Giants' best offensive and defensive players on the team. At times this season when it seemed like the Giants were just going through the motions of another game it was these two kids who kept on making game changing play after game changing play.......when all the expectations of a season and weight of the moment should be falling on the shoulders of seasoned veterans it was thesekids who turned it onand got Big Blue through.....I'm in awe.....JPP (only 23) bailed out Tuck (Captain)and the D's early struggles and Cruz (only 25) has bailed out Eli (Captain) and the O on numerous occassions.......they seem tojust work harder than EVERYONE (both teams included) on the field.....I wonder if this has to do with them being young and hungry and initially without expectations.....wonder if the fire and excitement they bring will wear down over time.....I hope not.

It's scary to think each of these guys are still pretty raw with hopefully at least5-10 yearsin front of them as Giants.

[/quote]

Yes did you see cruz at the end... he was like... whooooooo, whoooooo, whoooooo we are going to the SB, we are going to the SB..

But you are right he sounded like an excited little kid on christmas morning. It was great.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="pj18"]Believe it or not, Nicks is even younger than Cruz. I hope they're on the Giants for a very long time. And if there is a way, I want Manningham back. Look what he's been doing in the postseason.
    [/quote]

Wow I didn't evne know Cruz was a year older