+ Reply to Thread

LATEST INJURY UPDATE

JANUARY 27, 2012 4:30 PM3 COMMENTS
    Giants game plan: Kill the snake!
    BY RALPH VACCHIANO

The injury report

LB Jacquian Williams sprained the top of his right foot sometime during the NFC championship game and is now wearing a walking boot (and obviously unable to practice). But he’s not concerned. He called it “just a little setback” and vowed he’d be ready when practice starts in Indianapolis on Wednesday.

“I definitely will be there,” he said. “No doubt. I’ll be there. 100%. I won’t even think about it.”

Also unconcerned about his injury is WR Hakeem Nicks, who sprained the A-C joint in his right shoulder, which he said he hurt several other times this year. He said his shoulder is “doing better” and “I expect to be full-go by next week.”

C David Baas (abodomen/neck), LB Chase Blackburn (calf) and RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) all returned to practice on Friday, but were limited. … CB Corey Webster (hamstring) and CB/PR Will Blackmon (knee) remained out. … Umenyiora (ankle/knee) was also limited.

It doesn't seem that bad. Worried about Williams but he says he's good to go next Wednesday

Re: LATEST INJURY UPDATE

All those injured players and the fans are just loving the 2 week span between the conference game and the Superbowl. :>

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]All those injured players and the fans are just loving the 2 week span between the conference game and the Superbowl. :>[/quote]
    I Know. Would have been a problem if game was Sunday but with with an extra week we will be 100%

I would even be surprised if any of these guys missed the game if it were this Sunday. Just taking precautions.

Veteran

Geeze, we seem really banged up. Williams has been a blessing to us; hope he's okay. Dido Blackburn. Nicks will play through the pain but I hope it doesn't limit him. Didn't know Webby was injured.

At this point in the season every player has some kind of injury !

Just be ready to go next Sunday Giants!!!

[quote user="NYGiantsFan56"]JANUARY 27, 2012 4:30 PM3 COMMENTS
    BY RALPH VACCHIANO

The injury report

LB Jacquian Williams sprained the top of his right foot sometime during the NFC championship game and is now wearing a walking boot (and obviously unable to practice). But he’s not concerned. He called it “just a little setback” and vowed he’d be ready when practice starts in Indianapolis on Wednesday.

“I definitely will be there,” he said. “No doubt. I’ll be there. 100%. I won’t even think about it.”

Also unconcerned about his injury is WR Hakeem Nicks, who sprained the A-C joint in his right shoulder, which he said he hurt several other times this year. He said his shoulder is “doing better” and “I expect to be full-go by next week.”

C David Baas (abodomen/neck), LB Chase Blackburn (calf) and RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) all returned to practice on Friday, but were limited. … CB Corey Webster (hamstring) and CB/PR Will Blackmon (knee) remained out. … Umenyiora (ankle/knee) was also limited.

It doesn't seem that bad. Worried about Williams but he says he's good to go next Wednesday[/quote]

pretty bad. gronk was the only guy not practicing for the pats.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="NYGiantsFan56"]JANUARY 27, 2012 4:30 PM3 COMMENTS
    BY RALPH VACCHIANO

The injury report

It doesn't seem that bad. Worried about Williams but he says he's good to go next Wednesday[/quote]

pretty bad. gronk was the only guy not practicing for the pats.[/quote]
    Good. And I hope he gets back at 100% by next week. That way when we whip their tails, they won't have any excuses
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="NYGiantsFan56"]JANUARY 27, 2012 4:30 PM3 COMMENTS
    BY RALPH VACCHIANO

The injury report

Williams ankle was good enough to get down there on ST and whack that ball out so we could get game winning FG. I will take plays like that all day with a sprain on top of foot if he keeps making those type plays
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***