+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many / if any "trick plays" have we used on Offense? Do we have a Wildcat snap play?

No doubt BB is gonna throw the kitchen sink at us , do we / have we use one? I don't recall ever seeing one. I get most but not all Giants games, so if I missed it, not sure if we do well.

Re: How many / if any "trick plays" have we used on Offense? Do we have a Wildcat snap play?

[quote user="Razur"]No doubt BB is gonna throw the kitchen sink at us , do we / have we use one? I don't recall ever seeing one. I get most but not all Giants games, so if I missed it, not sure if we do well.[/quote]

Direct snap to Da'rel Scott.....he fumbled the ball against the saints. Does that count?
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Re: How many / if any "trick plays" have we used on Offense? Do we have a Wildcat snap play?

as tricky as Coughlin will ever get was the direct snap to Bradshaw

it would be foolish to take the ball out of Elis hands

we will play them straight up

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="Razur"]No doubt BB is gonna throw the kitchen sink at us , do we / have we use one? I don't recall ever seeing one. I get most but not all Giants games, so if I missed it, not sure if we do well.[/quote]

Direct snap to Da'rel Scott.....he fumbled the ball against the saints. Does that count?[/quote]

Yikes! yep it counts..guess it's not a given then..ouch..toobad....thanks

[quote user="YATittle1962"]as tricky as Coughlin will ever get was the direct snap to Bradshaw

it would be foolish to take the ball out of Elis hands

we will play them straight up[/quote]

Good for me..I'd rather kick their butts on our terms..

The Giants have that one trick play they run every 3rd or 4th and 1.....you know the one where they try and squeeze a 260lb back between the sides of 300lb linemen.......surprises the hell out of me that they never get that 1 yard......

In all honesty I couldn't tell you the last time I saw any tyoe of trick play outside of a slot quickscreen or Devin Thomas end around. As much as I'd like to chastisethe Giantsfor their lack of trickerya Niner end around last week almost gave the Giants the ball in the redzone and a Packer surprise onside gave the Giants the ball on a short field.....at this point I side with TC and say stay the course.....it's gotten them this far....don't blow it getting greedy.

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

The Giants have that one trick play they run every 3rd or 4th and 1.....you know the one where they try and squeeze a 260lb back between the sides of 300lb linemen.......surprises the hell out of me that they never get that 1 yard......

In all honesty I couldn't tell you the last time I saw any tyoe of trick play outside of a slot quickscreen or Devin Thomas end around. As much as I'd like to chastise*the Giants*for their lack of trickery*a Niner end around last week almost gave the Giants the ball in the redzone and a Packer surprise onside gave the Giants the ball on a short field.....at this point I side with TC and say stay the course.....it's gotten them this far....don't blow it getting greedy.

[/quote]

coughlin is about maximizing his chances of winning.

trick plays are high risk high reward.

that's why Coughlin pulls blackmon after getting a penalty on a fair catch punt return, and Harbaugh leaves in the kid that dove for a fair catch punt.

i like coughlin's style of football. just play great football, stay diciplined, stay focused.

we've just looked like a differnet class of football team in the playoffs, whether its recovering the onside kick, or beating the team that's won the turnover battle all season at their own game.

It's not TC's style. Then again, that's what would make it so much more unpredictable.

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="Razur"]No doubt BB is gonna throw the kitchen sink at us , do we / have we use one? I don't recall ever seeing one. I get most but not all Giants games, so if I missed it, not sure if we do well.[/quote]

Direct snap to Da'rel Scott.....he fumbled the ball against the saints. Does that count?[/quote]
    They did that direct snap to D. Scott in preseason on the fake punt. Wasnt that against the Pats in that come from behind 18-17 win?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I think it was in 4th quarter down 17-3. It was like 4th and 8 from own 35. He took snap and motored like 65 yards. That made it 17-10 then we scored again and for the two pointer to win by 1 point?

Was it a defensive or ST score? Martin scoring
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***