+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bill Belichick

Veteran

Bill Belichick

I'm not sure why so many people dislike the guy. I think in his heart, he'll always be a Giant. And he was big part of the glory years of the Giants. He's a huge reason the Giants won their first 2 Super Bowls.

Maybe I'll think differently if the Patriots win. But as far as I'm concerned, even if I'm rooting against his team, I'll always be a big admirer of Belichick.

If anyone deserves criticism, it's the guy who built and then dismantled a great franchise....George Young. Belichickwas never considered as successor to Parcells.It was clear Young had no love for Parcells, nor for any of his guys - Belichick and Coughlin walked because they knew they were dead-ending as long as Young called the shots.

Think about the talent that walked out of that building under Young's tenure.... Parcells (2 SBs) Belichick (3) and Coughlin (1)......but sure, Ray Handley was a ****ing no-brainer (????).

Anyway, I have nothing but respect for Belichick. I'm just thankful Ernie Accorsi was able to repair Young's damage byre-hiring Coughlin, and swinging the blockbuster for Eil......Young would have "Jarrod Bunched" that ****ing draft, too.

Re: Bill Belichick

The Giants have two rings because of Bill! I loved when he coach the Defensenfor the Giants,I have no problem with this guy!! I would wish him well if he was not playing the New York Football Giants!!!

[quote user="JMFP2"]

I'm not sure why so many people dislike the guy.* I think in his heart, he'll always be a Giant.* And he was big part of the glory years of the Giants.* He's a huge reason the Giants won their first 2 Super Bowls.

Maybe I'll think differently if the Patriots win.* But as far as I'm concerned, even if I'm rooting against his team, I'll always be a big admirer of Belichick.

If anyone deserves criticism, it's the guy who built and then dismantled a great franchise....George Young.*** Belichick*was never considered as successor to Parcells.**It was clear Young had no love for Parcells, nor for any of his guys - Belichick and Coughlin walked because they knew they were dead-ending as long as Young called the shots.

Think about the talent that walked out of that building under Young's tenure....* Parcells (2 SBs) Belichick (3) and Coughlin (1)......but sure, Ray Handley was a ****ing no-brainer (????).

Anyway, I have nothing but respect for Belichick.* I'm just thankful Ernie Accorsi was able to repair Young's damage by*re-hiring Coughlin, and swinging the blockbuster for Eil.***.....Young would have "Jarrod Bunched" that ****ing draft, too.

[/quote]

Haven't heard a lot of 'hate" toward BB..a winning coach..what is left to say...more about some of his players past & present ..but rarely about him as a coach.

Parcells deisciples. But not this Sunday. Whats great is that they keep that jet rabble in check.

[quote user="Razur"][quote user="JMFP2"]

I'm not sure why so many people dislike the guy.* I think in his heart, he'll always be a Giant.* And he was big part of the glory years of the Giants.* He's a huge reason the Giants won their first 2 Super Bowls.

Maybe I'll think differently if the Patriots win.* But as far as I'm concerned, even if I'm rooting against his team, I'll always be a big admirer of Belichick.

If anyone deserves criticism, it's the guy who built and then dismantled a great franchise....George Young.*** Belichick*was never considered as successor to Parcells.**It was clear Young had no love for Parcells, nor for any of his guys - Belichick and Coughlin walked because they knew they were dead-ending as long as Young called the shots.

Think about the talent that walked out of that building under Young's tenure....* Parcells (2 SBs) Belichick (3) and Coughlin (1)......but sure, Ray Handley was a ****ing no-brainer (????).

Anyway, I have nothing but respect for Belichick.* I'm just thankful Ernie Accorsi was able to repair Young's damage by*re-hiring Coughlin, and swinging the blockbuster for Eil.***.....Young would have "Jarrod Bunched" that ****ing draft, too.

[/quote]

Haven't heard a lot of 'hate" toward BB..a winning coach..what is left to say...more about some of his players past & present ..but rarely about him as a coach.[/quote]
    There's another thread about bill being five years younger then TC. Saying he may want to finish out his coaching career in NY
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Blue daddy"]Parcells deisciples. But not this Sunday. Whats great is that they keep that jet rabble in check.[/quote]
    I agree -- I love that he burned them so badly when he "Resigned as the HC of the NYJ" and they've hated him ever since.

I do see anti BB talk on these boards and I don't get it. He was a great coach of ours and has talked fondly of those years. I respect him for the teams that he's built and their consistency. I greatly admire his guts to rebuild his D after SB 42 by trading away much of the older talent there and stock piling picks.

We don't have a rivalry with the Pats and BB that the Jets have. I'm proud that BB was our DC and when TC ever decides to hang it up and if BB were available, I'd love to have him as the HC of the NYG.

[quote user="JMFP2"]

If anyone deserves criticism, it's the guy who built and then dismantled a great franchise....George Young. Belichickwas never considered as successor to Parcells.It was clear Young had no love for Parcells, nor for any of his guys - Belichick and Coughlin walked because they knew they were dead-ending as long as Young called the shots.[/quote]

You're blaming the wrong guy -- blame Parcells.

He tried to quit after winning the first Super Bowl (XXI). Wellington Mara wouldn't let him out of his contract.

He told people (confidentially) hours before Super Bowl XXV that he was "outta here".

Yet after winning that Super Bowl he didn't quit. He watched as all his assistants got new jobs, including Belichick and Coughlin. But Bill stayed.

He stayed through the draft.

He stayed after rookie mini-camp. He certainly led the giants to believe he was staying.

THEN he quit. In late May, after rookie mini camp, with training camp about 6 weeks away. After it was far too late to bring in a new coaching staff.

Ray Handley may have sucked but he was one of the few people left... And for all the man's faults he stepped up and took a job that was way over his head -- and it ruined his career.

George Young had his problems (primarily his handling of free agency, Phil Simms, etc.) but the 1991 Giants were left a shambles because of Bill Parcells.

And he repeated this behavior with the Patriots. And the Jets. And the Cowboys. And the Dolphins.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

I have no problem with BB other than that he's on the other side for this game. You have to respect what he's done with the Pats and in the league and he's hands down one of the best coaches ever.

no issue with Belicheck either. He's a warrior, or more like a Warrior's General.

He is of Giants pedigree, he is a disciplinarian, he preaches TEAM first, his only knock is that he'll be on the opposite sideline from our coach.

who is of Giants pedigree, who is a disciplinarian, who preaches TEAM first...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

nothing but admiration from me.
    as pointed out by SweetZombieJesus
    i wish Parcells would have stepped down
    in time to leave BB at the helm here with the Giants.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss