+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHUT UP GIANTS!

SHUT UP GIANTS!

Players are talking too much. Manningham wants Edelman on the field, Osi wants to fight Light, Blah Blah Blah. Patriots are a good team with a fantastic coach. I wish these guys would stop giving them motivational material and come back down to Earth. They seem WAAAAAAAY too ****y right now. I don't want them to go into the SB feeling like they already won it. They need to go in hungry.
    So far the Pats haven't said a word. Take a lesson GIANTS!

Bench Player

Re: SHUT UP GIANTS!

I think this is part media, part hunger. They are using this as motivation and psyche for themselves but if and when media gets a hold of it they blow it up. Also shows a level of confidence. Could be that PATs are not saying much because they are worried.
    I do agree that it's best to keep the trash talk low and use heavy action on game day.

Veteran

why would you not want to be covered by elderman?

hes a receiver and not a good one at that, its not easy back pedaling, shifting, turning on the break and running, or not losing your hip or footing on coverage, plus you have to know how to read receiver tells to know where their going, hes small so he can't jam anyone on the line he'll get manhandled. and hes not as fast as nicks, cruz or manningham
    - fare assessment by manningham and good show of confidence i want him on the field as well

and if osi what to throw some blows let him spark the defense up just do it in the first quarter, first snap, on the patriots possession we don't need costly penalties late in the game.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]Players are talking too much. Manningham wants Edelman on the field, Osi wants to fight Light, Blah Blah Blah. Patriots are a good team with a fantastic coach. I wish these guys would stop giving them motivational material and come back down to Earth. They seem WAAAAAAAY too ****y right now. I don't want them to go into the SB feeling like they already won it. They need to go in hungry. So far the Pats haven't said a word. Take a lesson GIANTS![/quote]

this crap again...come on man what they are saying is such low key ****.

Chill out.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Agree with OP. Fine to make coments to their teammates in the locker room if it helps with self-motivation but keep it out of the public arena. Doesn't help the team to give board material. TC needs to lay the law down before they go to Indy.

Bench Player

Most of it is the media twisting their words around. I heard Manningham on the Boomer and whatever show, and that one guy kept trying to get Manningham to slip up, and the guy kep picking on Manningham cause he said the word "man" about 20 times. Then he started to diss Manningham b/c of the bobbles. Don't read too much into it dude. The guys are confident, and honestly right now I feel they are more talented then the Pats

Doesn't make me feel easy, that's for sure.

Brady and Wilfork had nothing but good things to say about Eli while our guys are trashing the opposition.

Tsk tsk...

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Doesn't make me feel easy, that's for sure. Brady and Wilfork had nothing but good things to say about Eli while our guys are trashing the opposition. Tsk tsk...[/quote]

besides what the OP listed, which BTW, I think is not trash talk at all, the other players have all been fine.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Doesn't make me feel easy, that's for sure. Brady and Wilfork had nothing but good things to say about Eli while our guys are trashing the opposition. Tsk tsk...[/quote]

besides what the OP listed, which BTW, I think is not trash talk at all, the other players have all been fine.....

[/quote]Fair enough. I should of said, "Not saying positive things."

I generally don't enjoy too much trash talk, and trust me, I was with you when I heard the Edelman comment. It was an instant facepalm. In a game like this though, there is no such thing as bulletin board material. It's, in the words of Michael Strahan, "the Freakin' Super Bowl." The Patriots will show ready to play either way. I can do without the public arrogance, but that has been this team's thing all year long, so whatever.