+ Reply to Thread

"bulletin board material" is so overrated

im so sick of you paranoid fans complaining about your team giving their opponents this so called bulletin board material for the game saying "oh nooo come on giants!! let's not give them any more motivation on sunday!!"

are you freaking kidding me? this stuff makes absolutely ZERO difference in the actual game. if you're not already motivated enough to give it 110% in the biggest game of your life then you dont belong in the NFL. you guys are wayyyy too paranoid about petty crap like manningham saying "edelmen aint no defensive back" or osi saying mattt light plays dirty and that he wants to fight him, etc.

i understand that the giants are a classy organization and all but nothing anyone has said is a big deal.

Re: "bulletin board material" is so overrated

[quote user="GiantsFan27"]im so sick of you paranoid fans complaining about your team giving their opponents this so called bulletin board material for the game saying "oh nooo come on giants!! let's not give them any more motivation on sunday!!" are you freaking kidding me? this stuff makes absolutely ZERO difference in the actual game. if you're not already motivated enough to give it 110% in the biggest game of your life then you dont belong in the NFL. you guys are wayyyy too paranoid about petty crap like manningham saying "edelmen aint no defensive back" or osi saying mattt light plays dirty and that he wants to fight him, etc. i understand that the giants are a classy organization and all but nothing anyone has said is a big deal.[/quote]You are right. What is important is that you are locked in and focused on nothing but preparing to win the game. To the extent that all that stuff distracts you, the outcome will be affected. If you can block it all out it is meaningless. The Giants have been a little more chatty this year but it hasn't affected their preparation one bit. Stay locked and stay loaded!! Go Blue!!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Yeah, I think complaints are less about people being worried that the Pats will be extra-motivated and more about the fact that trash-talking can come off as unnecessary and classless. I don't generally prefer when teams talk trash...that stuff should be saved for one's play on the field.

You're right though. It's the Super Bowl. The Patriots aren't saying "OH MY GOD, MARIO MANNINGHAM IS CALLING US OUT! WE BETTER PLAY HARDER!" They'll be out there playing their game as hard as they possibly can regardless of what the Giants say...this kind of stuff happens in professional sports all the time...it really isn't news.

i also dont buy into the whole "brady is out for revenge!!" theory. to me it doesnt change a damn thing.

Veteran

if you don't like, cant tolerate, or despise players foreign and home town that talk trash then that tells me you haven't played football on any type of level except peewee where we are too young to understand what "im going to **** your moms after i sack your ***." meant ( quote courtesy of Kadeem archer nelson line backer willowgrove beavers #36 cousin ) or " suck my **** ***** you can't catch **** over me son." ( courtesy of 16 year old me HB/CB/FS midwood hornets ).

It comes with the game, racisim too i got called spic, 'N', coon everything you laugh that crap off keep in the play and see your assignment through. my QB got the worst of the verbal abuse just sayin. kids were horrible in the 90's

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg