+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The real Jacobs?

No player drives me more nuts then Brandon. His lack of effort at times is hard to pin down. The effort recently that gave us a first down on fourth down was an ordinary effort for most backs, yet showed that he CAN do it if he wants it. I'm sure he would deny it, but it's pretty obvious to me.

Re: The real Jacobs?

He is getting old (almost 30 years old) and he probably has the worst rushing o-line in the entire NFL. They don't push the d-line back or create holes for the RBs. Giants o-line has been terrible for Jacobs AND BRADSHAW. It doesn't have to do with Jacob's effort.

[quote user="bflo23"]He is getting old (almost 30 years old) and he probably has the worst rushing o-line in the entire NFL. They don't push the d-line back or create holes for the RBs. Giants o-line has been terrible for Jacobs AND BRADSHAW. It doesn't have to do with Jacob's effort.
    [/quote]

Well maybe its the combo...but someting tells me, that BJ will NOT be unproductive in this game..regardless of this season has shown..the O-line is not moving guys off,but me thinks pride and glory , maybe as a Giant for the last time, on the Worlds Stage, is going to pull that BULL inside ,out, one last time..it may not be for 100yard s...but plowing through on 3rd and short...will fuel him and spark up the O ..I'm ALL IN..and I'm sure all the Gaints are too. GO GIANTS!

Focus and just slam it in there!! Let's go GMEN!

he hasn't changed.go look at old film.
    he was such a drastic contrast to Tiki that
    that they didn't catch on to the fact that just touching him below the knees would make him fall down.
    when we changed to "earth , wind and and fire"
    it became way more evident

it's well-known league wide now .
    BJ is touch football below the knees.

they don't call him 'Tip-Toe Burglar " for nothing.

anyway he still runs with the same effort he always has.it just doesn't work anymore because everybody knows now.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

This may be his last NFL game or at least as a Giant so I think he will play well

What do you determine as a lack of effort? Not getting the yards? The shuffling of the feet?

Indecisive at times, sure - but lack of effort is a pretty big assumption and obviously easy to get upset with Jacobs once you've leaped and made that assumption.

...the tortillas are dry...

Jacobs tends to play better against undersized defenses.

Patriots defense up front is not undersized at all.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Jacobs tends to play better against undersized defenses. Patriots defense up front is not undersized at all.[/quote]

a decent game against the pats last time - not GREAT but decent.

...the tortillas are dry...

Explain why Jacobs got 4.5 yards per rush in his career and 5.6 yards per rush in 2010 and broke the all time NYG rushing TD record if he is tip toe burglar that is playing flag football. According to you, defenses didn't catch on until his 7th year? Everybody knows that the best way to take down a 267lb 6'4" running back is low and they actually knew that from year 1 and they haven't been able to stop him. Nobody in their right mind would tackle him high. That isn't rocket science there.

It sounds too easy to just tell defenders to go under his knees. There is little room for error at the knee and at the thigh. Ask Laron Landry when he got steam rolled by Jacobs and looks like he broke his shoulder when he tried to tackle Jacobs low at the thigh.

And how does one break tackles below the knee? You can't unless you want Jacobs to start jumping over defenders constantly.