+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Greatest QB ever

Re: Greatest QB ever

[quote user="Moss#83"]Eli will pass Brady if the Giants win next week.[/quote]
    THINK POSITIVE ! THEY WILL WIN ON SUNDAY.

Bench Player

Never saw Otto play so I cannot comment. In my time, been watching football since th early 1980's I would say:

1- Peyton Manning - A lot of responsibility, genius at changing plays and reading defenses.
    2- Tom Brady
    3- Joe Montana - Never liked him but he has to go on the list
    4- John Elway
    5- Dave Brown - LOL Just Kidding

5- Dan Marino/Bradshaw

[quote user="Kysersoze"]Never saw Otto play so I cannot comment. In my time, been watching football since th early 1980's I would say:

1- Peyton Manning - A lot of responsibility, genius at changing plays and reading defenses.
    2- Tom Brady
    4- John Elway

5- Dan Marino/Bradshaw
    [/quote]. How do you put peyton above brady

[quote user="Bohemian"]I would add Sammy Baugh for the 40s[/quote]

Thank You. I was beginning to think that no one would mention Baugh. Best of the 1940's and clearly the most influential ever. He didn't invent it, but he was the first QB to use the forward pass as a strategy. Also, more than just a QB, he set 13 records over 3 positions.

[quote user="flamethrower"]Too many opinions here to not cause flack.
    So the way I will do this is by picking a best of each Decade. And in the 1980's and beyond the game changed to a passing league. So better to have both the Champion, and the best Passer listed.
    1950's Otto Graham
    1960's Bart Starr, or Johnny Unitas.
    1970's Roger Staubach No way is Bradshaw in his class. Bradshaw was average, but had the better team.
    1980's Montana/Marino Championships vs Passing Numbers
    1990's John Elway/Brett Favre Championships vs passing numbers
    2000's Tom Brady/Peyton Manning* Championships vs Passing Numbers again.
    2010's current decade Eli Manning vs Drew Breeze I know kinda early on this one. But using what they have done so far they are the best 2.
    [/quote]

how is rodgers not in the mix for 2010's lol

[quote user="EliBlowsCruz"][quote user="Kysersoze"]Never saw Otto play so I cannot comment. In my time, been watching football since th early 1980's I would say:

2- Tom Brady
    4- John Elway

5- Dan Marino/Bradshaw
    [/quote]. How do you put peyton above brady[/quote]

look at peytons stats and record in playoff games..no way should he be ahead of brady....not to mention the rings

[quote user="Kysersoze"]Never saw Otto play so I cannot comment. In my time, been watching football since th early 1980's I would say:

2- Tom Brady
    4- John Elway

5- Dan Marino/Bradshaw
    [/quote]These are all good choices. The game changes so much it is probably best and fair to pick them in 20 year brackets. Example, Dan Fouts would never get on an all time top 10 but in his era, he was definitely there. Also, there is no way to compare the Manning era with the Otto Graham or YA Title era. The old timers will always get swept aside and that doesn't frame a discussion like this in the proper light.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="flamethrower"]Too many opinions here to not cause flack.
    So the way I will do this is by picking a best of each Decade. And in the 1980's and beyond the game changed to a passing league. So better to have both the Champion, and the best Passer listed.
    1950's Otto Graham
    1960's Bart Starr, or Johnny Unitas.
    1970's Roger Staubach No way is Bradshaw in his class. Bradshaw was average, but had the better team.
    1980's Montana/Marino Championships vs Passing Numbers
    1990's John Elway/Brett Favre Championships vs passing numbers
    2000's Tom Brady/Peyton Manning Championships vs Passing Numbers again.
    2010's current decade Eli Manning vs Drew Breeze I know kinda early on this one. But using what they have done so far they are the best 2.
    [/quote]

how is rodgers not in the mix for 2010's lol[/quote]
    I went with a coin flip on this. I didn't want to flood the 2010 era ok. But you can Substitute Rodgers for either, and it would still work. Basically You got 1a, 1b, and 1c. Happy now??
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

+ Reply to Thread