+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Greatest QB ever

Bradshaw's name anywhere in this thread is absurd.

Bradshaw's name anywhere in this thread is absurd........

gotta agree montana, marino, bradie, graham, elway, unitas,starr ....even fouts .... all better than bradshaw

Bench Player

1. Brady - he broke like 3 of Montana's records, along with the 2007 season eclipsed what Montana and Rice did when he had Moss, Only quarterback to have unanimous league MVP 2010, 2-Time Superbowl MVP, and a 3 Time Superbowl Champion, Most touchdowns in a postseason game (6), Most comebacks by a quarterback, Most wins both postseason-regular season combined,Greatest Quarterback-Coach combination Ever, Still elite, still in his prime, still has a few more great years left, another possible Superbowl currently pending .. When his career is done, you would have to say that he would have the majority of most of the records. </P>

2. Montana - Only thing he has on Brady is number of superbowl championships .. thus far. .....</P>

3. Johnny Unitas</P>

4. Peyton Manning </P>

5. Dan Marino</P>

6. Otto Graham</P>

7. Bart Starr</P>

8. Brett Favre</P>

9. John Elway</P>

10. Steve Young</P>

Too many opinions here to not cause flack.
    So the way I will do this is by picking a best of each Decade. And in the 1980's and beyond the game changed to a passing league. So better to have both the Champion, and the best Passer listed.
    1950's Otto Graham
    1960's Bart Starr, or Johnny Unitas.
    1970's Roger Staubach No way is Bradshaw in his class. Bradshaw was average, but had the better team.
    1980's Montana/Marino Championships vs Passing Numbers
    1990's John Elway/Brett Favre Championships vs passing numbers
    2000's Tom Brady/Peyton Manning Championships vs Passing Numbers again.
    2010's current decade Eli Manning vs Drew Breeze I know kinda early on this one. But using what they have done so far they are the best 2.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

[quote user="arrjay"]Bradshaw's name anywhere in this thread is absurd........

gotta agree montana, marino, bradie, graham, elway, unitas,starr ....even fouts .... all better than bradshaw
    [/quote]
    Heck even Testaverde was better than Bradshaw. If he didn't have the steel curtain to hold the other teams Offense in check who knows?
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

Starter

In my opinion, Manning is the best QB in the game today and will eventually be, the best of all time.

[quote user="Voldamort"]1.Joe Montana
    2.Terry Bradshaw
    3.Tom Brady
    4.John Elway
    5.Otto Graham[/quote]

What? No way is Bradshaw #2, no freakin way.

[quote user="Bread"]In my opinion, Manning is the best QB in the game today and will eventually be, the best of all time.[/quote]

Lol, Peyton right?

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Bread"]In my opinion, Manning is the best QB in the game today and will eventually be, the best of all time.[/quote]

Lol, Peyton right?
    [/quote]
    Cooper*

My top 5, in no particular order, are Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Otto Graham, and Johnny Unitas.

I wasn't born yet when Montana was in his prime so for the three older guys I put them on here mostly from highlights and hearing other people talk. Peyton is the best quarterback I've seen in my lifetime even if Brady does have more championships.