+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

$20 bet may pay off big

Does anyone remember a post made by someone back in early December claiming he made a $20 bet that the Giants would get to the SB and win it all? If I remember correctly, he claimed that he recieved 2000 to 1 odds due to their record at the time.

If that was a legit bet.....wow, he has a good chance of collecting 40K...right?

Re: $20 bet may pay off big

[quote user="CGBlue"]Does anyone remember a post made by someone back in early December claiming he made a $20 bet that the Giants would get to the SB and win it all? If I remember correctly, he claimed that he recieved 2000 to 1 odds due to their record at the time.

If that was a legit bet.....wow, he has a good chance of collecting 40K...right?[/quote]

He lied. Giants never ever got 2,000 to 1 odds at any point in the season.

80-1 odds was the highest.

Yeah I think so, whoever that is is lucky

Bench Player

When I read that post my first impression was that either he was lying or that who ever he put that bet in with was probably not going to pay it off.
    If he wasn't lying I hope he gets the payoff

$20 with 80-1 odds is still a great deal..... $1600! I wish I could have done that.

2000 - 1 odds is something like picking the Broncos to win the SB at 1-4 record with Tebow.

Bench Player

If you could get paid $40,000 from a $20 bet in a 12 team tournament, EVERYONE would make that bet.

The most he'll get we'll be $400-$500

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="CGBlue"]Does anyone remember a post made by someone back in early December claiming he made a $20 bet that the Giants would get to the SB and win it all? If I remember correctly, he claimed that he recieved 2000 to 1 odds due to their record at the time.

If that was a legit bet.....wow, he has a good chance of collecting 40K...right?[/quote]

He lied. Giants never ever got 2,000 to 1 odds at any point in the season.

80-1 odds was the highest.
    [/quote]Actually 100-1 was the highest.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"]

Actually 100-1 was the highest.[/quote]

I wonder when the odds were the best.... Was it after the 4 straight losses (6-6 record) or after the skins loss (7-7 record)? I am guessing after 4 straight losses where the Giants were looking so terrible. The OP said the bet was made in early december so it was after the Giants lost to the Packers.

If the bettor got those 100-1 odds, then he would receive $2,000 if the Giants won. Maybe the OP is confusing "winning $2000" with "2000-1" odds.

Bench Player

They were at +2000 which is 20-1 odds.

[quote user="fizzlestick"]They were at +2000 which is 20-1 odds.
    [/quote]

Yea. They were +2000 when the season opened up but the odds change throughout the season and really jumped to 80-1 or 100-1. The OP said the bet was made in december so he is gonna get much better odds than 20-1. He is looking at 80-1 or 100-1 odds.