+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you rather

go through a season where the Giants go 14-2 or 13-3 and winning the superbowl, or would you rather have them be 10-6 and 9-7 and go on this magical ride?

reason i ask and maybe its just me or maybe its been so long i can't remember the feeling of SB21 and SB25 when I was 8 and 12yrs old. somehow these last two superbowls has been one heck of a ride as a giants fan.

Re: Would you rather

Winning the Superbowl is the goal !!! Would love to see a team like the 86 Giants ,but that doesn't happen anymore? To much media,hype whatever?

[quote user="NYtoSanDiego"]go through a season where the Giants go 14-2 or 13-3 and winning the superbowl, or would you rather have them be 10-6 and 9-7 and go on this magical ride?

reason i ask and maybe its just me or maybe its been so long i can't remember the feeling of SB21 and SB25 when I was 8 and 12yrs old. somehow these last two superbowls has been one heck of a ride as a giants fan.[/quote]
    I am 54 years old and was able to experience all of our SuperBowls as a diehard fan. I was in my 30s for the first 2. My 40s for the ravens one and my 50s for the last 2. (side note. I also spent a lot of lean years as a fan all the way from like 8/10 yrs old up through their first SB.

With that said I loved those 2 dominating teams. It was so awesome to watch. However the way they won in 07 and this season is somehow much more satisfying IMO.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

1 am 56 yrs old and there is nothing like knowing
    you are a bad-*** team and going out and kicking assbucket on the field. like the SB against Denver.
    We knew it
    Denver knew it
    Vegas knew it.

sweating it out every year just to see if we can somehow hold the right tie-breaker on the last game of the season just to make the playoffs is as much fun as being waterboarded if you ask me.

i root for 19 - 0 every year.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Nothing will ever beat the 2007 Giants playoff run. We will never ever see such a playoff run in any sport.

This is current playoff run is sweet though. Constant underdog and they are making the plays and winning. It is definitely more fun when Giants are underdogs and they are winning especially if the games are classics and close.

Bench Player

will you rather have a woman you know you will marry put out on the first day or wait till the honeymoon?a win is a win they are all satisfying....ive been married twice

[quote user="FlipNYG77"]will you rather have a woman you know you will marry put out on the first day or wait till the honeymoon?a win is a win they are all satisfying....ive been married twice
    [/quote]

you have a wife that puts out ?
    i'm gonna make her read this ; yo Brenda.......

Starter

[quote user="NYtoSanDiego"]go through a season where the Giants go 14-2 or 13-3 and winning the superbowl, or would you rather have them be 10-6 and 9-7 and go on this magical ride?

reason i ask and maybe its just me or maybe its been so long i can't remember the feeling of SB21 and SB25 when I was 8 and 12yrs old. somehow these last two superbowls has been one heck of a ride as a giants fan.[/quote]

I feel like the season as a whole would be a lot more entertaining with a dominating team, but the playoffs are just absolutely amazing and unforgettable when you're coming from behind to prove everyone wrong.

2-3 ****ty weeks or 6-7 ****ty weeks. Hmm tough one..

so thats 420 plus 04 beers right ?
    +04
    ----------

damn i'm good at math