+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ben Rothlisberger is the biggest turd.

[quote user="BigBlue wins"]Rapistburger is very lucky to have what he does. I will go as far to say that his team helped him get a superbowl rings. He does play when injured, I'll give him that, but he is at best, a top 8 QB.
    [/quote]

winning superbowls is about having a complete team. Just ask aaron rodgers. every qb who has won a superbowl has had a very good all around team. One position doesnt win superbowls. Feel free to downplay ben as much as you want but he has proved time and time again how clutch he is.

Whats this got to do with us? Who cares if Ben wants to talk to his boss? I'm not seeing the big deal here other than some random blogger wants to try and make it one.

All-Pro

[quote user="bflo23"]I disagree about Big Ben being a top 5 QB. I think Eli is better than Big Ben. Did you see Big Ben in the Super Bowl vs Seattle? It was the worst performance for a winning QB as he had a 22 QB rating, threw for 100 yards and had a couple INTs.

Big Ben off the field issues is why I would never want him on my team. Constant issues with females. And he just recently paid off a woman in a settlement. I think it has to be hard for Steeler fans to root for this type of character. Keep Big Ben and Michael Vick far away from my team.
    [/quote]
    Agreed. It has always been said they won that SB in spite of Big Benn not because of him. Without that defense Benn loses that SB. He can thank them for his ring cause he didn't earn that one
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Is Ben playing for the Pats now?</P>
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Who the Hell did Ben beat ? The Seahawks ? The Cardinals ? ( And He needed a Pick Six and a Mini Hail Mary to win that one ) The first time He had to play a real NFC Champion ( Packers ) He lost.

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]big ben is a top 5 QB in the nfl. he has 2 superbowl rings which he earned. No luck involved.* If he wants to have a sit down with rooney and talk about the direction the offense is going, he has every right to do so. At the end of the day, the decision is made by rooney, not ben.

If not eli, i would much rather have ben than rivers.
    [/quote]

that's not the guy you have sit down with. its like eli going to john mara saying we need to draft OL in this years draft cause its filled with them. you talk to the GM behind closed doors not the media. the guy is lucky to be playing for the steelers and lucky to have two SB rings.

All-Pro

if you think Eli is elite, but Ben isn't, you're a hypocrite. Simple.

first this isnt giants football second it shines a negative light on giant fans with that topic title.

[quote user="gumby742"]if you think Eli is elite, but Ben isn't, you're a hypocrite. Simple.[/quote]

not true at all.

big ben is elite when he can break the pocket and extend the play. i do not think he is elite at recognizing the defense, taking 5 step drops, and getting rid of the ball in rhythm. so much of his play depends on breaking the pocket and giving his wr's more time to break off their route and get open.

thats why his size is such a huge factor for him and he can do well with a medeocre OL. he's hard to bring down, and he doesnt need a clean pocket to do well. in fact, he almost does better when the pocket collapses and he's forced to roll out.

thats just me tho. it is 100% not hypocritical to think eli is elite but ben isn't.

thats why i think the colts got pitts old OC ayers. bc luck has that same ability to be mobile not to run although he can, but to use his mobility to extend plays.

edit-thats why he was not nearly as effective a qb when he hurt his foot/ankle. he was not nearly as mobile and had to throw from the pocket. he didnt look good for much of the game vs denver and the big plays he did have came from him extending the play. i remember one play in particular he dropped back, had a clean pocket, and sailed a pass 10 yards over his wr's head for an easy and costly int.

Banned

Has anyone seen P Rivers lately? He seems to be mysteriously missing...