+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Corey Webster thinks he's in the same class as Darrelle Revis!

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0...headline_stack

Oh boy, this sounds familiar! I remember a Quarterback making a similar claim.

Get read to join Corey's Web!

Bench Player

Re: Corey Webster thinks he's in the same class as Darrelle Revis!

I want him to be confidant, and feel that way. If he didn't feel that way he would need to leave, lol.

although i personally think he sucks .....i remember him falling on his assbucket and letting moss get the go-ahead TD in the '07 super bowl.
    and i think he benefits from a strong defensive front line that keeps pressure on the QB.

that being said......i have no problem with him
    thinking highly of himself .....you need that mentality to play that position.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Veteran

Webby is probably the most underrated CB in the league. At the beginning of the year, he wasn't even considered the best CB on the team (TT got that pub).

However, he's been matched up on, and for the most part shut down the best receiver on every team the Giants have faced, and that's in spite of playing most of the season in a convoluted scheme that prevented S-CB communication that is so vital, and played him against his strengths (press-man coverage, as opposed to the zone coverage that they played most of the year).

Is Webby in the same category as Revis? In all honesty: No. Webby isn't good enough at cheating without getting caught to be in the same conversation as Revis. (not a disparaging remark on Revis, just an observation. Revis is the best in the league at not getting caught while PI'ing)

He is in the same class. What's there to think about? He goes against the opposing teams 1's every week and shuts them down. What else do you want him to do?

Webby 51 tackles 6 INT's and 16Pdef.

Revis 52 tackles 4 INT's and 21Pdef

If anyone has a link to check yds allowed after catch and all that I'd love to see it out of curiosity.

[quote user="Firenugget"]He is in the same class. What's there to think about? He goes against the opposing teams 1's every week and shuts them down. What else do you want him to do?

If anyone has a link to check yds allowed after catch and all that I'd love to see it out of curiosity.
    [/quote]

well alrighty then. you have the stats to prove he's as good as Revis.

well i guess his statements makes him equally
    arrogant .

although you do realize that 16 PD's is only ONE per game.
    and he's not a safety he's a corner ; so 51 tackles is french(toast) for ' 51 tackles after 51 receptions "
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Webster is extremely under-rated, and I thank him for all he does and has done to help the Gmen compete; that being said, I wouldn't put him up there with Revis. Without having a list of names and stats in front of me, I'd guess and say with 32 starting/#1 DBs, he'd be in the top 10, maybe top 7, top 5 may be stretching it. Either way, he helps us win!

[quote user="Firenugget"]He is in the same class.
    [/quote]

You sure?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-2011-numbers/

Corey Webster: Thrown at 108 times, allowed 61 receptions.

Darrelle Revis: Thrown at 85 times, allowed 35 receptions.

That's just a small sample of the stats in that article I just linked.

Webster's a heck of a player & I appreciate everything he's done this season, but I'm not going to put him in the same class as Revis..

[quote user="stormblue"][quote user="Firenugget"]He is in the same class. What's there to think about? He goes against the opposing teams 1's every week and shuts them down. What else do you want him to do?

[/quote]

well alrighty then. you have the stats to prove he's as good as Revis.

well i guess his statements makes him equally
    arrogant .

although you do realize that 16 PD's is only ONE per game.
    and he's not a safety he's a corner ; so 51 tackles is french(toast) for ' 51 tackles after 51 receptions "[/quote]

Do you understand how to read? I just posted the stats that are listed and asked if anyone had a link to the stats that actually matter for a CB. Also Revis only had 52 tackles(so Revis was "toast" 52 times according to your logic) and 21 Pdef and 2 less INT's so why is Webster toast and Revis great? Where are you seeing the big discrepancy between the two??

[quote user="Firenugget"]If anyone has a link to check yds allowed after catch and all that I'd love to see it out of curiosity.
    [/quote]Webster-245 yds

Revis-117 yds

PFF