+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

so since Gronkowski is hurt....

I think we need to approach this game like we did the Packers game, and be very physical at the line within 5 yards, knock them off their route, and make Brady hold the ball a bit more. Plus if we are physical at the line with Gronk especially it will really test that high ankle sprain, and even if he is on a cortizone shot by the end of the game he especially the 2nd half he really will be slowed down. Every time he's targeted I would like our guys to go low to tackle him anyways regardless the injury cause big physical guys like himself won't go down with an arm tackle. What do you guys think?

Bench Player

Re: so since Gronkowski is hurt....

Well jeez, not everyone at once, lmao!

I don't think he has a high ankle sprain to be honest, his dad says it, but the team doesn't confirm it. Sounds like the Patriot sneaky way to me.

Bench Player

[quote user="gmen0820"]I don't think he has a high ankle sprain to be honest, his dad says it, but the team doesn't confirm it. Sounds like the Patriot sneaky way to me.[/quote]
    Lol, I never even thought about that... Well you know our team will prepare to play versus a fully healthy Gronk, but regardless I think we need to be on them as soon as they hike the ball, and bump and run coverage to throw them off their routes.

Something very shady about this injury, i don't see Gronk playing because from the replay i saw it has to be more than just a sprain.

[quote user="gmen0820"]I don't think he has a high ankle sprain to be honest, his dad says it, but the team doesn't confirm it. Sounds like the Patriot sneaky way to me.[/quote]

I can't see them keeping him from practicing to play some mind games with us. That would be silly I think. I'm sure he is hurt but also would count on him playing. I do agree that we should be very physical with him from the start. Although I'm not sure how physical you can be with a guy his size lol.

[quote user="Firenugget"][quote user="gmen0820"]I don't think he has a high ankle sprain to be honest, his dad says it, but the team doesn't confirm it. Sounds like the Patriot sneaky way to me.[/quote]

I can't see them keeping him from practicing to play some mind games with us. That would be silly I think. I'm sure he is hurt but also would count on him playing. I do agree that we should be very physical with him from the start. Although I'm not sure how physical you can be with a guy his size lol.
    [/quote]I'm not saying he isn't hurt, but a high ankle sprain is a bad injury for a two week recovery. I don't think it is to that extent, but I do believe that the team doesn't confirm it for a reason. I mean. unless they did confirm it, haven't hear anything other than media outlets blowing the story up. I can see the Pats scheming that.

Did you see the tackle? It wasn't an inversion (roll ankle) or eversion sprain. His foot spun to the side as Pollard fell on top of it and that could only cause a high ankle sprain. It was a brutal sprain with the way it twisted to the side. And the Patriots would never tell the extent of their injuries because it is Bill Belichick and he never does. Why would the Patriots give the Giants any advantage and tell them their injuries? I would be shocked if he returns to practice soon and I would be shocked if he is 25% in the game.

Watch the video of the tackle... And then look at this.

Ankle sprains

news flash. its a high ankle sprain....I assume he's a very tough man.... however a 2 week recovery for this type of injury is not anywhere near ideal .....would be a bit surprised if he didn't suit up and give it a shot at least though come gameday.....will be 50% at BEST.....2 catches for 25 yards at BEST.....don't think its possible to state how much this injury will shift the advantage to Perry calling his plays out there as this game wears on.....He will be able to be covered 1-1 something that hasn't happended all year when healthy... branch, welker, and hernandez will be greatly affected by this also.....brady hits the ground repeatedly.....I hate to sound ****y but I see our GMEN winning.....