+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gronk's ankle is serious injury... Dr. Kaplan said it is severe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZIWAX3P6z8

Dr. Kaplan believes it won't be healed.

Re: Gronk's ankle is serious injury... Dr. Kaplan said it is severe.

Agree. When it happened I was shocked that it didn't break. That kind of injury is 3 weeks, minimum.

Bench Player

anybody think he can play without being affected? the injury looked really nasty

he'll play. get shot up with drugs more than joan rivers face before the oscars.

Veteran

Cmon guys everybody knows the Patriots are tricky. They planned this ahead of time by telling Gronk to get up limping after he was tackled just to trick us. Man are they good!

news flash. its a high ankle sprain....I assume he's a very tough man.... however a 2 week recovery for this type of injury is not anywhere near ideal .....would be a bit surprised if he didn't suit up and give it a shot at least though come gameday.....will be 50% at BEST.....2 catches for 25 yards at BEST..... his position is simply too demanding to be effective after only 2 weeks....don't think its possible to state how much this injury will shift the advantage to Perry calling his plays out there as this game wears on.....He will be able to be covered 1-1 something that hasn't happended all year when healthy... branch, welker, and hernandez will be greatly affected by this also.....brady hits the ground repeatedly.....I hate to sound ****y but I see our GMEN winning.....

[quote user="zimonami"]Agree. When it happened I was shocked that it didn't break. That kind of injury is 3 weeks, minimum.[/quote]

"Athletes will typically return to play within 6 weeks, but about half will experience symptoms for up to 6 months.".... Look at what happened to Big Ben and Adrian Peterson. Big Ben looked terrible and couldn't even step forward in the pocket as he was a statue. And Peterson needed time to heal as well as he missed a full month. The only way to heal it is to keep it in the boot and don't move it. If he practices on it, he will only make it worse.

[*]Protection (from further injury)[*]Rest[*]Ice[*]Compression (wrapping, splint or cast)[*]Elevation[/list]

no way he misses the big game!!

Rest followed by a few shots & alota tape!

[quote user="SanAntonioGiant"]no way he misses the big game!!

Rest followed by a few shots & alota tape![/quote]

Yea. He will be hopping on one foot or just be a decoy.

do you guys remember T.O.'s performance with a BROKEN ankle? I don't know anyone can assume he can't go. We will just see on gameday....I know TO had five more weeks...but anything is possible with these bohemiths......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ohn&id=1985765