+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

"Shockey the worst teammate I ever had......."

I was working Friday afternoon anD ESPN was on and I heard a plyer talking about how important team chemistry is to winning ... The player said and in quoting:

"Shockey was the worst teammate I ever had. I remember one game when he got 2 personal fouls and hurt the team and he's on the sideline screaming "I don't care! I don't care!" You CANNOT win like that"

That quote there makes sense why he gets hurt and he's away from the team and we (especially Eli) get over the hump and win it all...

I know he won with New Orleans but they had their core of veterans there already and he was humbled .. I remember Brees biyching him out on the sideline.

I took a glance to see what former player was saying this and I think it was Joey Galloway or possibly Toomer.

Re: "Shockey the worst teammate I ever had......."

He and MEki Barber are the worst we have had in recent years, I know that...

Veteran

After Tim Hasselbeck was released by the Giants he did say in an interview that Shockey was not a good teammate. He would yell and scream if he didn't get the ball thrown to him. Those kind of players are bad to have around Eli.

Veteran

[quote user="BeatYale"]After Tim Hasselbeck was released by the Giants he did say in an interview that Shockey was not a good teammate. He would yell and scream if he didn't get the ball thrown to him. Those kind of players are bad to have around Eli.[/quote]

You make it sound like Eli is a spoiled titty-baby or something. Those type of players are bad to have around anyone...even the mighty Drew Brees.

IMO, Eli has been calling the shots for quite some time now. Tiki didn't know who he was messing with...the Godfather.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]He and MEki Barber are the worst we have had in recent years, I know that...
    [/quote]Tiki was a team player. Yes his actions weren't that good at the end and became a me players in his last year but even then he was still a good one. hockey wasn't bad either and did do well before he started acting up.

Yet I also understand him to. He wasn't used as a big threat at te and should have been used more as a wr or ran a good amount of wr like routes. He would have had more 1,000 yards.

Shockey is one of the most overrated players in Giants history . .. . . if you read the ESPN Magazine article about why he was mad at the Giants after the 2007 SB, it was clear that he is very dumb and/or insane.

[quote user="Diamondring"][quote user="BlueSanta"]He and MEki Barber are the worst we have had in recent years, I know that...
    [/quote]Tiki was a team player. Yes his actions weren't that good at the end and became a me players in his last year but even then he was still a good one. hockey wasn't bad either and did do well before he started acting up.

Yet I also understand him to. He wasn't used as a big threat at te and should have been used more as a wr or ran a good amount of wr like routes. He would have had more 1,000 yards.[/quote]

Eli's interception rate dropped a bunch when Shockey got injured in 2007. Fact is, for all his talent he didnt care at all about the team and often ran the wrong routes making his QB look bad when Eli's passes looked to an unkowing eye like it was 10 yards off its mark.

People also forget under Fassel that Shockey was more of an H-Back, not as much of an end line TE. Yet, back then he complained that he was put in motion too much.

He always had something to complain about.

And as far as "Me"ki was concerned, his departure showed his true colors. While walking out the door, he bashed his former teammates(Eli) his former coach and their organization. How can you say he was a good teammate?

[quote user="Diamondring"][quote user="BlueSanta"]He and MEki Barber are the worst we have had in recent years, I know that...
    [/quote]Tiki was a team player. Yes his actions weren't that good at the end and became a me players in his last year but even then he was still a good one. hockey wasn't bad either and did do well before he started acting up. Yet I also understand him to. He wasn't used as a big threat at te and should have been used more as a wr or ran a good amount of wr like routes. He would have had more 1,000 yards.[/quote]

wrong Bro...

Tiki was a team player because it was still benefitting him and he "was" the team for a few years. If it didnt serve his own purpose he would have been gone. He blamed TC for the reason he retired!!!

Toomer said on ESPN radio that if Shockey was not injured in 07 they never even wold have made it to the SB let a lone win it. Thats how disruptive he was in the huddle and in the locker room. The only year Shockey was "good" FOR the team was his rookie year. It sucks to because if he played team first he would have been an all time TE.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="shotcalla39"]I was working Friday afternoon anD ESPN was on and I heard a plyer talking about how important team chemistry is to winning ... The player said and in quoting:

"Shockey was the worst teammate I ever had. I remember one game when he got 2 personal fouls and hurt the team and he's on the sideline screaming "I don't care! I don't care!" You CANNOT win like that"

That quote there makes sense why he gets hurt and he's away from the team and we (especially Eli) get over the hump and win it all...

I know he won with New Orleans but they had their core of veterans there already and he was humbled .. I remember Brees biyching him out on the sideline.

I took a glance to see what former player was saying this and I think it was Joey Galloway or possibly Toomer.[/quote]

That was Toomer

Veteran

Tiki's farewell tour was the most selfish, self promoting nonsense I've ever seen from a Giants player. The ***** was happy he was done when the clock read 0:00 against the Eagles in the playoffs. He didn't give a hoot and is showed when jogging across the field to congratulate Westbrook.