+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360

XBOX 360

Finally joined the real world.. Girlfriend bought me a XBOX 360. I'm so pumped! quick question? How do I play online? what do I have to buy in order to play online? Favorite games? looking to build a collection? I already ordered Madden, thats a slam dunk.

Re: XBOX 360

my 360 bricked on me. hopefully you have better luck with your system. I have 27 games listed on ebay, take a look if you're interested maybe we could work something out. If you'r enot interested, that's cool too, not trying to pester, just giving us both an opportunity.</P>

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250984425266...84.m1555.l2649</P>

</P>

I think the system may come with a limited live subscription which is what you need to online game. if not, I think you can buy different things via the xbox menus (if it's linked to online,) if that doesn't work, maybe this link will help you:</P>

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Join?xr=shellnav</P>

</P>

No disrespect but that asking price is outrageous.

[quote user="ForeverNYG"]No disrespect but that asking price is outrageous.[/quote]

Seriously... the entire bottom row can be bought at game stop for $20. Not to be a prick, but you should check out what gamestop is selling the games for and rework that price.

Anyway, for the OP, you need to go to gamestop, Circle K, 7-11, etc. and buy an Xbox LIVE subscription. You need to connect your Xbox to a wifi signal, make a screen name, and enter the code from the card. Best bet is a year's subscription, $60... but you can buy 3 mo's for $20 too...Alot of new games will come with a free week so you can try it out, so look through the extra papers in your game case.

[quote user="NYG4ME"]Finally joined the real world.. Girlfriend bought me a XBOX 360. I'm so pumped! quick question? How do I play online? what do I have to buy in order to play online? Favorite games? looking to build a collection? I already ordered Madden, thats a slam dunk.
    [/quote]

Wait, so you're joining the real world by playing video games online?

What am I missing here.

Dude get Assasins Creed. The first one is a little slow but after that they are awesome game. You can buy them used pretty cheap.

The thing to do is get a gamestop card when you first purchase a videogame and the savings you get the first time makes up for the purchase of the card. You get extra savings on used games and you get more back on your trade ins. The best way to do trade ins is to do it for credit as oppossed to cash because you get a lot more that way.

The thing that stinks about XBOX 360 is that you have to pay for online membership as oppossed to PS3 where it is free.

I played a lot of video games when I was recuperating from numerous surgeries so any questions you have direct them to me and I should be able to answer.

I bELIeve.

I do not give luck or superstition much credence but never buy a Madden football gam,e if there is a NY Giant on the cover. Also Madden is a rip off because it is basically the same game year in and year out with just slightly different graphics and stats.

I bELIeve.

I went to edit a typo and double posted. Excuse me for that.

I bELIeve.

[quote user="ForeverNYG"]No disrespect but that asking price is outrageous.[/quote]</P>

Iknow it is, I did my research. these games would cost about $175 (but they'd be in crap condition, and may or may not have manuals and cases,) if you bought them new they'd run you about $580. Since I paid over $1K, I would have rather started with a high price instead of a low price. Say they sell for $500, I'd see about $425 after ebay and paypal fees, and shipping. No disrespect to you but there is an option to make an offer and not pay the $550 or whatever I'm asking. I'm not new to ebay, I don't expect to get the buy it now price, buy you never know. I was told I wouldn't get $200 for my dreamcast with 50+ games, I was called insane and greedy for asking $375 for it.......it sold for $350! I let any prospective buyers know what they're getting, I know what the least I'd accept for it is, I usually set a higher price, and it hasn't done me wrong yet.</P>

[quote user="redbeardxxv"][quote user="ForeverNYG"]No disrespect but that asking price is outrageous.[/quote] Seriously... the entire bottom row can be bought at game stop for $20. Not to be a prick, but you should check out what gamestop is selling the games for and rework that price. Anyway, for the OP, you need to go to gamestop, Circle K, 7-11, etc. and buy an Xbox LIVE subscription. You need to connect your Xbox to a wifi signal, make a screen name, and enter the code from the card. Best bet is a year's subscription, $60... but you can buy 3 mo's for $20 too...Alot of new games will come with a free week so you can try it out, so look through the extra papers in your game case.[/quote]</P>

yeah sports games don't retain their value, but I guarantee you, your $20 gamestop claim is bs, and you'll get some crap condition items from them too. gamestop asks more than I am for the total package, their games are usually in crappy shape without manuals and in generic cases, and their asking price is non negotiable. i haven't bought from gamestop in years, and I'm very glad, they charge top dollar for junk condition, and they also charge tax, you have to pay to drive to their store, etc. and as I posted, yeah the buy it now price is high because you never know what someone may pay, that is why there is also a make an offer option!</P>

+ Reply to Thread