+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I think Courtney Lee is perfect actually. Can shoot well, plays excellent perimeter D and won't be demanding the ball. When you are putting D Rose, Anthony and Porzingis on the court it's better to add a guy that fits in. He's really a well cut puzzle piece for what they are doing. Based on the market, 4/48 is perfectly fair for him. Don't forget that the cap jumps up next year and Rose's contract comes off. They can either re-sign him or look for another big fish. I know there are some risks involved, but I am a big fan of what the Knicks have done here. Noah is an injury risk, but he's also the perfect player for this offense at C. There's not a better passing big man in the league. And he's a true leader, I suspect he might be the most enjoyed player by NYers since Oakley.
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    I think Courtney Lee is perfect actually. Can shoot well, plays excellent perimeter D and won't be demanding the ball. When you are putting D Rose, Anthony and Porzingis on the court it's better to add a guy that fits in. He's really a well cut puzzle piece for what they are doing. Based on the market, 4/48 is perfectly fair for him. Don't forget that the cap jumps up next year and Rose's contract comes off. They can either re-sign him or look for another big fish. I know there are some risks involved, but I am a big fan of what the Knicks have done here. Noah is an injury risk, but he's also the perfect player for this offense at C. There's not a better passing big man in the league. And he's a true leader, I suspect he might be the most enjoyed player by NYers since Oakley.
    Well I will value your Opinion as it seems you know a little more about these players then I do. I hope it all works out and they can be at least a 45 or so win team and get like a 5 Seed and get back into the playoff mix. Then as you said they can parlay that into the next off season and make the team even stronger.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Well I will value your Opinion as it seems you know a little more about these players then I do. I hope it all works out and they can be at least a 45 or so win team and get like a 5 Seed and get back into the playoff mix. Then as you said they can parlay that into the next off season and make the team even stronger.
    I think that's the plan because wherever KD signs he'll likely do what Lebron did and sign a 1 and 1 so he can cash in again when the market goes up again next season. And it'll give him an exit option should westbrook bolt. Next year's FA class is supposed to be much better than this one so between Rose's contract coming off the books and the cap going up again they'll be able to make some significant moves again.

Because of the max contract set-up, rebuilding teams aren't able to out-bid to get the top tier guys because there is a max to what you can offer. So once you take money out of the equation, all the top level FAs' look at the situations where there is the highest potential to win. It's a funny paradox, in order to elevate your team from lottery to contender you need an elite player, but in order to lure an elite player to your team you need to be a contender. That's why it's a good thing they resigned Melo, now they have him for a relatively fair deal, and it gives them at least that first elite player on the roster. Then they need KP to become that second guy. You need at least one guy you drafted to be a top guy before he gets his big contract so you have that top talent AND cap space to get more top talent.

So, if all goes well, Noah will return to form and they have a guy that was anticipated to be a max player at a medium level contract. If they make the playoffs then it means Rose had a good season, but even he does he's not getting the same money as he's getting now so they'll be able to either flip that space for a top PG on the market or resign him at a lower number and use that extra space to get another supporting player. And they still have their first rounder so they'll get another young talent there hopefully.

Finally, if it call crashes and burns they can always try to tank out the season to get the most out of the pick. If they don't turn the corner this year then I suspect that Melo will start to open up to a trade to a contender at the deadline.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Veteran
    You may be right Lee being the perfect fit. But, why six teams in eight years?

PG- Rose/?
    SG- Lee/Holiday/Galloway (Not sure if Gallo is returning yet)
    SF- Melo/?
    PF- Porzingis/Kyle O'Quinn (I think they're going to try and trade KOQ)
    C- Noah/Willy Hernangomez

There are still some needs to be filled in the 2nd unit, but this is a team that should definitely be in the playoffs if they remain healthy. I'm excited to see what they try and do for the open spots on the roster

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

And now Brandon Jennings in the fold, nice.
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Knicks still adding pieces, resigned Lance Thomas who played pretty well last year and signed Bandon Jennings to be the back-up PG. He'll do well filling the role as a bench scorer. Here is an updates line-up

PF: Kristaps Porzingis, Kyle O'Quinn
    SF: Carmelo Anthony, Lance Thomas
    C: Joakim Noah, Marshall Plumlee
    SG: Courtney Lee, Langston Galloway, Justin Holliday
    PG: Derrick Rose, Brandon Jennings, Ron Baker

That looks like most of the roster is filled up but there is definitely for improved depth on the bench. Guys like Baker, Plumlee and Holliday should be at the very bottom of the roster, especially with how poorly Baker and Plumlee have played so far in summer league. They'll need to get a couple of more value signings like Jennings to finish rounding out the roster.

Frankly, it looks like a playoff team if they stay relatively healthy, but I don't think they're currently constructed to match up against the Cavs, Celtics, Raptors or Heat.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    Knicks still adding pieces, resigned Lance Thomas who played pretty well last year and signed Bandon Jennings to be the back-up PG. He'll do well filling the role as a bench scorer. Here is an updates line-up

PF: Kristaps Porzingis, Kyle O'Quinn
    SF: Carmelo Anthony, Lance Thomas
    C: Joakim Noah, Marshall Plumlee
    SG: Courtney Lee, Langston Galloway, Justin Holliday
    PG: Derrick Rose, Brandon Jennings, Ron Baker

That looks like most of the roster is filled up but there is definitely for improved depth on the bench. Guys like Baker, Plumlee and Holliday should be at the very bottom of the roster, especially with how poorly Baker and Plumlee have played so far in summer league. They'll need to get a couple of more value signings like Jennings to finish rounding out the roster.

Frankly, it looks like a playoff team if they stay relatively healthy, but I don't think they're currently constructed to match up against the Cavs, Celtics, Raptors or Heat.
    Agree with your last Sentence that they would be a playoff team if they stayed healthy and maybe could even win one playoff series but that would be it. They would get beaten by any of the teams you mentioned in a 2nd round Series. However they could use this year as a Spring Board too the next FA Period where they can improve the team even more.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Holiday can play. He's a nice backup 2 behind Lee. All my Bulls fan friends said a really solid role player.

PG- Rose/Jennings
    SG- Lee/Holiday
    SF- Melo/Euro guy they just signed who plays a lot like DWill
    PF- KP/O'Quinn
    C- Noah/Willy H

I would love to see Lance Thomas brought back cheap. He would be a nice 3&D guy off the bench. Him and Holiday would be able to make up for Jennings' lack of defense

This team should be a lot of fun to watch. I'm pumped

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Holiday can play. He's a nice backup 2 behind Lee. All my Bulls fan friends said a really solid role player.

PG- Rose/Jennings
    SG- Lee/Holiday
    SF- Melo/Euro guy they just signed who plays a lot like DWill
    PF- KP/O'Quinn
    C- Noah/Willy H

I would love to see Lance Thomas brought back cheap. He would be a nice 3&D guy off the bench. Him and Holiday would be able to make up for Jennings' lack of defense

This team should be a lot of fun to watch. I'm pumped
    Lance Thomas has already been brought back on a 4 year deal using the Early Bird Rights not using the Cap Space..

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...multiyear-deal

They also signed two others to help fill out the roster: I think the guy right below "Willy H. Is the Euro Guy you are referrring too.

Knicks have agreed to terms with 2015 second round pick Willy Hernangomez, sources confirm to ESPN. Terms are unclear but it is a multi-year deal. The Knicks could have used cap space or an exception to sign Hernangomez, a 6-10 forward who is close friends with Kristaps Porzingis. The guess here is that they used cap space on a three or four-year deal. The agreement was first reported by The Vertical.

1h
    Ian Begley ESPN Staff Writer

The Knicks have reached an agreement with Mindaugas Kuzminskas, sources confirm. Kuzminskas, 26, is a 6-9 forward from Lithuania.

2h

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE