+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Lance Thomas has already been brought back on a 4 year deal using the Early Bird Rights not using the Cap Space..

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...multiyear-deal

They also signed two others to help fill out the roster: I think the guy right below "Willy H. Is the Euro Guy you are referrring too.

Knicks have agreed to terms with 2015 second round pick Willy Hernangomez, sources confirm to ESPN. Terms are unclear but it is a multi-year deal. The Knicks could have used cap space or an exception to sign Hernangomez, a 6-10 forward who is close friends with Kristaps Porzingis. The guess here is that they used cap space on a three or four-year deal. The agreement was first reported by The Vertical.

1h
    Ian Begley ESPN Staff Writer

The Knicks have reached an agreement with Mindaugas Kuzminskas, sources confirm. Kuzminskas, 26, is a 6-9 forward from Lithuania.

2h
    Good to hear about Lance. He apparently turned down more money to return. I'm really excited to see what Willy can bring to the table. At the very least KP will have his good buddy to be on his team again.

Mindaugas Kuzminkas looks pretty interesting from a few clips I've seen, but who knows. This team is actually becoming well rounded. Phil has really made an interesting squad. I just pray they can stay healthy

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Good to hear about Lance. He apparently turned down more money to return. I'm really excited to see what Willy can bring to the table. At the very least KP will have his good buddy to be on his team again.

Mindaugas Kuzminkas looks pretty interesting from a few clips I've seen, but who knows. This team is actually becoming well rounded. Phil has really made an interesting squad. I just pray they can stay healthy
    Yep as it is with the Giants, Mets, Yanks, Rangers, Knicks whoever. Staying Heathy is the KEY. Sadly that has not happened for our NY teams for quite awhile. It has been an incredible streak of bad luck with key guys getting hurt year in and year out. I am thinking the luck has to turn around and we finally get some good solid years with some titles to show for it.

The off season did not go as well as a lot of us had envisioned for the Knicks but i think they came out a lot further ahead in the East then a bunch of other teams did. I think they will be much improved and I am happy how the team is coming together and will at least be excited for a change when the season starts. That in of itself is a plus right there. How long that excitement lasts is the big question.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17...ee-1-year-deal

They now have 13 of a possible 15 Players under Guaranteed Contracts for Next Season.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

So ESPN Puts out their Annual "Winners & Losers of the FA Period for 2016. Their are a bunch of Teams they listed as Winners & Losers as well as a few undecided along with a bunch of other things they weighed in on. It was quite a LONG Piece. What was not mentioned for even 1 Word was the New York Knicks.. NOTHING< NOTTA, ZILCH.. No Mention of their FA Signings Whatsoever one way or the other. Its like they totally ignored them as if they did nothing in the Offseason

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...-agency-period

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Well, who can say if they are winners or losers? Their entire offseason is contingent on health of several which is a big indictment to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Well, who can say if they are winners or losers? Their entire offseason is contingent on health of several which is a big indictment to be honest.
    Well that is obvious. The point I am making is they mentioned a ton of teams by name. Listing them a winner or loser. I thought it was interesting with all the changes the Knicks made that they were not even mentioned at all. Just skipped over like they did nothing at all in the FA Market or off season

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Okay and now this.......

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17...state-warriors

I do not think I would go as far as putting them in the SUPER TEAM Status.. I am not sure from the LINK what people are saying this. Rose just said that the Knicks are mentioned in the some breath as GS as a ST.. I would list several other teams ahead of NY right now even with the changes they made. Cleveland, SA, Maybe even the Bulls even with the loss of Rose and Noah with who they added. LA Clippers, Toronto and Boston.

However as many have said if they all remain healthy ( A BIG IF ) they can do some damage and would i think make the 2nd Round and give it a good go against the Celtics or Raptors. I do not think they could beat the Cavs if they made it too the ECFs. I realize they could possible draw the Cavs in the 2nd round if they finish at the in the wrong spot in the playoff rankings though. Will have to see how it plays out for this NYKs Super Team lol

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Surprised to see that no Knicks fans commented on my above post with LINK... did u guys not realize we had a superteam???

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Surprised to see that no Knicks fans commented on my above post with LINK... did u guys not realize we had a superteam???
    I think most Knicks fans think the Knicks can be a solid 2nd round playoff team if their health is decent. However, most are avoiding that comment like the plague and it's cringe worthy IMO.
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Can't say I watched or even know who played or didn't play. I really did not know pre season started and when I turned I was flipping channels I saw they were playing the rockets do I switched it on.

They were getting blown out 25 and think they lost by 20+.. not going to judge until I see who played and for how many minutes. But not very impressive Start

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE