+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Wow this team blew a 4-2 & 5-3 lead. Ottawa scored 2 Goals within 3 Minutes in the 3rd Period to send it to OT..

If they blow this and go down 2-0 with a legitimate chance to win both games that could take the wind out of their sails. They might be done
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

They are done. Lost 6-5 just under 3 Minutes into the 2nd OT.. Had to come out with a split and they couldn't get it done. It was there for the taking

This makes game 3 a must win now
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Giving up goals with 3:20 and only 1:02 left in the 3rd to allow it to get to OT.

U don't know what it is this year with them not being able to close out games. They have given up way to many very very late goals to the and then blow games late in 3rd and late in OTs

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Mother****er.

I thought I'd be over it by now but I'm still a bit pissed.

I went out last night when the game was 5-3. I was listening in the car when Ottawa tied it 5-5, and shut it off after regulation. I didn't want to ruin my night out. It was a wise choice. I was glad to hear Dave Maloney giving it to Dan Girardi after the 3rd period. He was responsible for the first Ottawa goal, and apparently got another assist on their 4th or 5th. AV won't make a lineup change though. He'll keep running out the same six defensemen no matter how awful they play. Can Kevin Klein be any worse than what we're seeing from any defensemen not named McDonagh or Skjei???

Almost sure to be swept

No quality team gives up a 2 goal lead with 3 minutes to go in such a crucial game.

Ottawa looks far better than both the Rangers and the Canadians. Carlson is wild.

Hoping I'm wrong, but looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    No quality team gives up a 2 goal lead with 3 minutes to go in such a crucial game.

Ottawa looks far better than both the Rangers and the Canadians. Carlson is wild.

Like I said in my earlier post it has been a problem for them in the playoffs giving up late tying and winning goals in the 3rd period and OTs. Did it vs Montreal in that game two as well. Only difference is it did not hurt as much as they had already won game one and that allowed the Split they went in looking for in the first place. This puts them down 0-2.. Meaning Game 3 is an absolute must win. Same for game 4. If they go down 3-0 or even 3-1 I would say the Series is OVER

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post

I'm more concerned with the Rangers than the Senators.

I agree it's on the Rangers, they gave up the lead. The Senators look wholly unimpressive to me and will likely get steamrolled in the next round. That said, the way the Rangers are playing, they don't deserve to advance and would just as likely get creamed in the next round unless they up their game.

Lundqvist gave up soft goals in this one and the team seems to lack the maturity to close teams out. We'll see but I agree, it look bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I'm more concerned with the Rangers than the Senators.

I agree it's on the Rangers, they gave up the lead. The Senators look wholly unimpressive to me and will likely get steamrolled in the next round. That said, the way the Rangers are playing, they don't deserve to advance and would just as likely get creamed in the next round unless they up their game.

Lundqvist gave up soft goals in this one and the team seems to lack the maturity to close teams out. We'll see but I agree, it look bleak.
    Overall it's bad, but it takes 4 wins to move on. Rangers still have a good chance. The real problem is Vigneaults loyalty to a corpse like Girardi, especially late in games. That skjei's pairing never saw the ice over the last 5 minutes of that game was such a stupid coaching decision that it is hard to put into appropriate words.
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

AV hinting at lineup changes for tomorrow night. In other words, Tanner Glass will be in to slow down one of the lines.
    Last edited by darrin99; 05-01-2017 at 11:38 PM.