+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do fans ever go out on top?

Some players are lucky to win the super bowl and then retire, going out on top. Do fans ever do that? Like if the Giants win Sunday, will anyone just say thats enough for me? Maybe a stupid question, but hey, all i have is time to think with this bye week.

Re: Do fans ever go out on top?

I was so emotionally drained after the last win that the it took til the start of the next regular season to get into it.

[quote user="GiantLife615"]Some players are lucky to win the super bowl and then retire, going out on top. Do fans ever do that? Like if the Giants win Sunday, will anyone just say thats enough for me? Maybe a stupid question, but hey, all i have is time to think with this bye week.
    [/quote]
    I guess the only way a Gmen fan goes out on top is to live to a ripe old age of like 90 or so, watch the Giants win the SB and then Pass away in their sleep with a smile on their face. Lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

If you are able to just cash it in, I would say you were probably never that big of a fan anyway...haha. My grandfather's in his mid-80's and still watches every single game...and still takes losses as hard as the rest of us. You can't take the "fan" out of a diehard.

I love free agency and the draft so as soon as the season is over, a whole other game is beginning.

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"]I love free agency and the draft so as soon as the season is over, a whole other game is beginning.[/quote]

Same here...I can't wait till the whole FA & scouting process begins. Too bad after the draft everything just dies for a while

My Uncle passed away of a heart attack last year 2 weeks after the Redskins beat the Giants the first time. I know he still had a smerk look on his face. RIP jerk.

Never unless you kick the bucket!!

Veteran

Well if the world is going to end next December, then we certainly have a chance to go out on top don't we?

[quote user="WR4Life"]Well if the world is going to end next December, then we certainly have a chance to go out on top don't we?[/quote]

Makes a very valid point..