+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What should they do with the probowl?

Well clearly they can't keep playing this farce. I mean the pro bowl always pretty bad, but this is the worse pro bowl I've ever seen. They are fake tackling, and the linemen are not even trying. That said you know what? ITS NOT THERE FAULT! The pro bowl god dang stupid in it's current incarnation. It needs to be changed.

I've always felt they should just turn it into a award show. Like the players still get elected to the pro bowl and everything, but there no game. They just show like highlights and talk about all the selected players. Then maybe they have like a softball game or something.

What you guys think is the best way to do the pro bowl?

Re: What should they do with the probowl?

Flush it. Get rid of it completely. Or do like I do and just ignore it.

Yeah I just ignore it.

They should simply announce the teams. That's it. They should not even play the game.

An award ceremony where they announce things such as MVP and players of the year isn't a bad idea.

As for the game there is nothing you can do. You can't even give it a degree of importance like in the MLB since the SuperBowl is on a neutral field.

The concept of a football allstar game is just fundamentally flawed from the start since no one will risk injury for something that meaningless.

Let them play real football and losers donate their first pay check next year to charity.

Fine the players. LOL just playin. I wonder what the players are tweeting? I don't do twitter.

Honestly, at this point, they might as well play a flag football game. Have linemen and defensive ends announced to the pro bowl, but don't bother to have them play. Just skill positions. I would rather watch a flag football game with every one mic'ed up over this.

[quote user="Firenugget"]Flush it. Get rid of it completely. Or do like I do and just ignore it.
    [/quote]
    There was another thread that was talking about what to do to make game more interesting.

Some suggestions were a Skills Competition..
    Like who can throw it the furthest. 40 yard dash. Strenth. FG and punts. Etc.
    Fun stuff could include
    Endzone dance and slam dunk over crossbar competition.
    There was a bunch more suggestions but don't remember them all without going back to that thread. But there were some good ones?

Some others were. A flag football game.
    And a Old Timers game
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I don't know, but you're right. Something has to be done.

I watched 5 minutes of it and then just went into a rant and turned it off. It's a disgrace to the NFL and the fans.

People watch professional football to see the best of the best compete and lay it all on the line each week. The Pro Bowl is the antithesis of that concept. Everyone just half-asses it and the rules prevent the defense from even showing up.

It's embarrassing for everyone involved.