+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You know, just noticed, Kenny Phillips is quietly making clutch shut down plays, what is it 3 weeks in a row now?

Re: You know, just noticed, Kenny Phillips is quietly making clutch shut down plays, what is it 3 weeks in a row now?

Try all season. KP is very underrated, he's a leader, is key to the communication back there and is an outstanding deep safety. When he's back there I feel safe that deep plays won't happen with much frequency.

He's gonna need a new deal soon.

Re: You know, just noticed, Kenny Phillips is quietly making clutch shut down plays, what is it 3 weeks in a row now?

I wouldn't say all season, I'd say last 3 or 4 weeks.

He's been a huge part of our success this whole year web he's played. When he went down and didn't play in Dallas, did you see all those lapses in fairly simple C2 concepts? It's bad. People blamed Fewell but if your players can't execute a fairly simple C2, you don't have much flexibility.

I know the cover 2 hurt us, but there were plays he and Rolle weren't on the same pg. I do admit, last 3 or 4 weeks they have stepped it up, but it usually comes later on in the game.

[quote user="nyknstill!"]I wouldn't say all season, I'd say last 3 or 4 weeks.[/quote]It may not have been all season, but it sure was a lot longer then 3-4 weeks.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

I know a lot of fans will disagree but I would label phillips as solid...I wouldn't say he is a differance maker but not a major weakness either...him and a guy like Ed Reed are miles apart, career-wise

Veteran

[quote user="nyknstill!"]I wouldn't say all season, I'd say last 3 or 4 weeks.[/quote]

KP is not doing anything different. All season he has been a great..GREAT part of our defense.

Funny thing is first time he got beat deep was in the playoffs.

Other than the Cowboys TD at home (which wasn't completely his fault) I can't remember another TD he was at fault for.

When KP left in the packers game we got destroyed deep. I really don't understand the whole "KP is average" argument.

You can see he is finally back 100% form his knee injury.

All-Pro

KP never turned into Sean Taylor like we all were hoping, but he is a very good safety who can lay the lumber when needed.And every year that goes by he is getting healthier from that devistating knee injury.