+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

If you were Bellicheck what would you put in your gamplan to beat the Giants?

I do not believe they can win

Without Gronkowski, and with us having Bradshaw this time around , and with the re-birth of our D since some linemen got healthy, and Blackburn took over the middle- The Patriots face a formidible task. Before those things changed, we still beat them 24-20 in their own house. .

1- They would have to keep our WR's in front of them, stop our Running game

2- They have to protect Brady, with perhaps 2 tight ends in close most off the game

3- Wilfolk would have to have a huge game

4- They would have to win the Special Teams and Turnover battle.

5. Brady would have to come out and have a Phil Simms SB

With all this it would still be a close game......I really don't see The Patriots having much of a shot......It would be a Buster Mathis upset.......I know the Vegas odds but those are made to get more people to respect and bet the Patriots.......Vegas is still wayyyyyyyyyyy underwater with large pre-season Giant to win the SB bets..............Pre season Vegas foolishly gave 200-1 odds and bettors jumped all over that.....one guy bet 200,000 at 200-1......must be a REAL Giants fan that guy

Re: If you were Bellicheck what would you put in your gamplan to beat the Giants?

build a chain link fence around brady complete with barbed wire and guard dogs to keep the 4 horsemen from attacking.....
    Clock makes a fool of history...

Re: If you were Bellicheck what would you put in your gamplan to beat the Giants?

In case he reads this...punt on first down; keep Brady safe
    This space for rent

All-Pro

no big plays, make us score from the red zone

pressure up the middle with Wilfork and blitzes

attack the ball, cause turnovers

use Gronk as a decoy and on seam routes where he doesn't have to cut

get someone, anyone deep ... they will need 1 big play and to convert most red zone opportunites into TDs

use the law firm of Jarvis, Green and Ellis to help slow our pass rush ... don't totally abandon the run regardless of the score

STs - they can out play us here

Veteran

[quote user="BParcells777"].Pre season Vegas* foolishly gave 200-1 odds and bettors jumped all over that.....one guy bet 200,000 at 200-1......must be a REAL Giants fan that guy
    [/quote]

Link please. I don't think even the Rams got 200-1. I remember the Giants getting 50-1 preseason and 100-1 for a brief period during the season when we were 6-6.

If I were advising Belichick I'd tell him to figure out a way to score alot. and I mean they can't really punt in this game. They've got to figure out how to score in the 30s without a run game that scares anyone and no recievers to speak of. (Ocho Cinco?)

I don't see any way in the world that defense is keeping the Giants under 30 points. Even if they completely shut down our run game they absolutely cannot cover our recievers.

If they play 2-high to keep Manningham and Nicks from beating them deep Cruz will win the MVP.

I think the Pats will play tough and make this looks close for a little while just on guts but the Giants are too much. Just like the rest of the teams in the NFC playoffs. The Pats are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Wow...you guys are just going WAY overboard.

All they need to do is rattle Eli by dumping him on his butt often. What makes you so sure that our DL will get to Brady? This is going to be a close game.

[quote user="JimC"]Wow...you guys are just going WAY overboard.

All they need to do is rattle Eli by dumping him on his butt often.* What makes you so sure that our DL will get to Brady?* This is going to be a close game.
    [/quote]
    Eli didn't get rattled last week after getting thoroughly abused by 49ers. What makes you think the Pat's can rattle him.? I have no doubt our line will get to Brady, no doubt.

Veteran

[quote user="JMGGIANTS"][quote user="JimC"]Wow...you guys are just going WAY overboard.

All they need to do is rattle Eli by dumping him on his butt often.* What makes you so sure that our DL will get to Brady?* This is going to be a close game.
    [/quote]
    Eli didn't get rattled last week after getting thoroughly abused by 49ers. What makes you think the Pat's can rattle him.? I have no doubt our line will get to Brady, no doubt.[/quote]

+1. SF's front 7 is one of the best in history. NE's is...not

[quote user="JMGGIANTS"][quote user="JimC"]Wow...you guys are just going WAY overboard.

All they need to do is rattle Eli by dumping him on his butt often. What makes you so sure that our DL will get to Brady? This is going to be a close game.
    [/quote]
    Eli didn't get rattled last week after getting thoroughly abused by 49ers. What makes you think the Pat's can rattle him.? I have no doubt our line will get to Brady, no doubt.[/quote]

Yeah...but we only scored 17 points and 17 wont be enough to beat NE.