+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

this is how eli leads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from kffl.com

Giants | Eli Manning issues warning to teammates

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 06:25:14 -0800

New York Giants QB Eli Manning told teammates that losing the Super Bowl could have a lasting effect on them mentally. Manning said his brother, Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning, thought about his loss in Super Bowl XLIV for months. "I've never lost a Super Bowl," Manning told teammates. "I was with my brother (Peyton) when he lost one, and three months after that, that's all he could talk about. We don't want that feeling."

FUTURE NFL STAR

through 6 games

16 rushes for 185 yards 2 td
    21 pancake blocks
    25 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0-1 record

Re: this is how eli leads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love it
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 6 games

21 pancake blocks
    25 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0-1 record

losing the super bowl eats away at you.

hell Tom Brady said he still can't watch SB 42.

I believe everyone on the 90's bills are forever haunted by "wide right"

:/ hopefully Eli and the giants never experience that
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Wow, Eli is the manning... I've eaten my crow about him being a doofus and not a leader...

Please don't crucify me

I'm more of a fan of motivation by enthusiasm rather than by fear. The week before the Superbowl the last thing you want to have cross your mind is how you'd feel losing the big game. The positive visualization technique is used by many athletes and many swear it makes a difference. Just my 2 cents...

I'm sure SB 35 ate at Strahan for a LONG time. Then again - that game wasn't even a contest. I purposefully flew down to FL where my parents live so my dad and I could watch the game together. i went to bed at halftime because I just couldn't watch it anymore. Made me physically ill.

Imagine how the 90's Bills felt?

[quote user="BigBlue D"]
    I'm more of a fan of motivation by enthusiasm rather than by fear. The week before the Superbowl the last thing you want to have cross your mind is how you'd feel losing the big game. The positive visualization technique is used by many athletes and many swear it makes a difference. Just my 2 cents...

[/quote]

That seems to be the general aura around the players honestly. Manning injects a little humility to not let the entire experience be taken for granted. Don't read too much into it.

Starter

[quote user="BigBlue D"]

[/quote]

I agree, but maybe it's just me, I feel like the team needed this. We've already beaten the Patriots, and I have a feeling a lot of people are picking the Giants. I like that Eli is keeping everyone down to Earth and reminding them how bad it will be if we do lose. Don't take this opportunity for granted kind of thing, you know?

[quote user="lnp12"][quote user="BigBlue D"]

[/quote]

I agree, but maybe it's just me, I feel like the team needed this. We've already beaten the Patriots, and I have a feeling a lot of people are picking the Giants. I like that Eli is keeping everyone down to Earth and reminding them how bad it will be if we do lose. Don't take this opportunity for granted kind of thing, you know?
    [/quote]
    Yeah I agree with you, I'm sure Eli gauged the locker room before saying this and thought it wouldn't be damaging to give them a small dose of a reality check.

[quote user="lnp12"][quote user="BigBlue D"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

this is the way i took it.... ALL IN
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 6 games

21 pancake blocks
    5-0-1 record