+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What a year!!!!

What a year!!!!

I remember back to week 1. We looked like garbage, a loss to the deadskins. I remember saying to my son "we just have to many injuries to overcome" but I didn't believe it myself. Then we caught some fire, winning a few. Then it seemed like we lost for a year straight, then you could almost see this team taking shape, like it was deja vu of 2007. Once we hit stride, I knew that we could only beat ourselves. The only thing I don't like about this game coming up is. 1. The week off. 2. That we already beat them this year, and o yeah, we beat them a few years back in a bigger game. So they have revenge in mind. We need to keep the fire, the passion. If we come out playing anything like we have the last month, there is no team that could beat these giants.... We are a team of destiny, pride, relentlessness, and pure RAGE!!!!! This is one of my favorite giant teams ever. Eli has truly become a true franchise QB. Our DEF finally gets it, and we have the best group of receivers this city has ever seen.. Keep up the fire men!! There is no team even close to the 2011-2012 NY GIANTS. GO JINTS.

Re: What a year!!!!

ALL IN GO GMEN!

I love your enthusiasm! But you have thrown a dark cloud over it with the reasons you are worried almost like your trying not to jinx anything with your optimism. Did i read it correctly? I am like you, I feel confident we will win but am keeping things to myself so I dont look back if we lose and think I was overly confident. Screw it................ALL IN....WE WILL WIN!!!!!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

[quote user="FIFTY6G-MAN"]I love your enthusiasm! But you have thrown a dark cloud over it with the reasons you are worried almost like your trying not to jinx anything with your optimism. Did i read it correctly? I am like you, I feel confident we will win but am keeping things to myself so I dont look back if we lose and think I was overly confident. Screw it................ALL IN....WE WILL WIN!!!!![/quote]
    ALL IN
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I felt like beating the Eagles early in the year was huge, It seemed like forever since we last beat them before that game.

The Gigalo with the most below

I'm not a homer at all, but I sincerely believe that the Giants are going to win this SB because they are not just better than the Pats this year, but the best all-around team in the NFL this year.

I say that because our offense can match up with anyones, our D can match up with anyones, and our special teams has been solid. ALL of the other teams had unit-wide flaws -- NE and GB on D; SF and Ravens on O; Steelers were okay on O, but not great and a little old as well. NO had their problems on D and just simply matched up well against us, but the Giants are a more well-rounded team.

The Giants were injured, but now we're not. Our O has been able to match up at least enough against any D, and now our D can at least match up enough against any O and I don't see ANY other team that can say that. I don't think it was just injuries -- I think the secondary and LBs getting together at their homes to review film was key, and I think Fewell made changes as well (I don't know what, but changes).

The Giants team you've seen playing over the past 5 games is the Giants team that is playing up to their own talent level. It's not a fluke and their not going backwards. The Pats could win this game and it wouldn't be a shock...but that's not going to happen this time.