+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kellen Moore QB Boise

All-Pro

Kellen Moore QB Boise

what do you guys think?

does he make the NFL?

does he fit as a CFL qb? he's on the negotiation listwith my Hamilton Tiger Cats if he doesnt make it in the NFL..

if you have some positives/negatives that'd be great

Re: Kellen Moore QB Boise

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

what do you guys think?

does he make the NFL?

does he fit as a CFL qb? he's on the negotiation listwith my Hamilton Tiger Cats if he doesnt make it in the NFL..

[/quote]

I dont believe he can be anything more then a spot starter back up in the NFL. He has lots of strikes against him. His throwing motion is poor,he is way to small,Lacks mobility,and he has a very sub par arm. If he does not have a clean pocket to drive the ball he cant not put enough velocity on it.He knows the game better then every QB in this draft and he has elite level anticipationbut it doesnt make up for all the physical deficiencies.Picture 190 pound Kellen Moore taking the beating Eli took against the 49ers dude would be taken off the field on a stretcher.

All-Pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

what do you guys think?

does he make the NFL?

[/quote]

I dont believe he can be anything more then a spot starter back up in the NFL. He has lots of strikes against him. His throwing motion is poor,he is way to small,Lacks mobility,and he has a very sub par arm. If he does not have a clean pocket to drive the ball he cant not put enough velocity on it.He knows the game better then every QB in this draft and he has elite level anticipationbut it doesnt make up for all the physical deficiencies.Picture 190 pound Kellen Moore taking the beating Eli took against the 49ers dude would be taken off the field on a stretcher.

[/quote]say no more.. especially the velocity part, him thowingout patterns up here would be ugly..

thanks

He looked pretty bad from a mechanical point of view. What he does working for him is he is pretty smart. He'll at least garner a try in the NFL as a backup.

Here is what came from the senior bowl practice week.
    Positives:
    1) He is smart, and a quick learner.
    2) He is accurate and gets the ball out very quickly on short routes.

Negatives.
    1) He doesnt have NFL QB size. In fact, he would be the the smallest Qb in the league.
    2) He doesnt have an arm capable of making NFL throws. 1 onlooker noted that he was incapable of making left sideline throw from the rt hashmark.
    3) On top of his weak arm, he has a throwing motion that is similar to a "push" motion which makes the problem worse. Being shorter, a higher release point of the football would be prefered.

Most felt his only chance was as a backup Qb for a west coast offense ,but, that he has some pretty big negatives to overcome even for that.

All-Pro

[quote user="bLuereverie"]He looked pretty bad from a mechanical point of view. What he does working for him is he is pretty smart. He'll at least garner a try in the NFL as a backup.[/quote]I was thinking he'd be a Doug Flutie type qb but Redeye was mentioning a lack of mobility..

All-Pro

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Here is what came from the senior bowl practice week.
    Positives:
    1) He is smart, and a quick learner.
    2) He* is accurate and gets the ball out very quickly on short routes.

Negatives.
    1) He doesnt have NFL QB size. In fact, he would be the the smallest Qb in the league.
    2) He doesnt have an arm capable of making NFL throws. 1 onlooker noted that he was incapable of making left sideline throw from the rt hashmark.
    3) On top of his weak arm, he has a throwing motion that is similar to a "push" motion which makes the problem worse. Being shorter, a higher release point of the football would be prefered.

Most felt his only chance was as a backup Qb for a west coast offense ,but, that he has some pretty big negatives to overcome even for that.
    [/quote]Thanks, arena league qb?

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

what do you guys think?

does he make the NFL?

[/quote]

[/quote]Is "spot starter" a polite way of saying "backup?". lol never heard that term used in football.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread