+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Giants visit

Hi,

I've booked up for a trip over the pond in December to see the Giants play the Cowboys, I've read a lot of other threads and got most things sorted, got tickets for the game (lower tier off the Giants direct with no resellers mark up, which I was pretty happy about) and read all the advice about getting the train out from manhattan I just had a couple of questions if anyone could help (other than how the hell your supposed to pronounce secaucus!)

Obviously with no roof over the stands at MetLife if it rains I'll expect to get wet but just how cold is it in December? How warm do you have to wrap up? And does the wind whistle around inside the ground making it feel colder?

Final question, I was looking at tailgating before the game, as it's not something we do over here (the NFL do a corporate sanitised version at the international series but your not allowed to park there or bring your own food/drinks, it's basicly an outdoor bar if anyone's heading over to twickenham) does anyone have any experience with the paid for tailgate parties like the fan van?

You should expect the worst in terms of cold in December then if it turns out to be unseasonably warm, you consider yourself lucky.

No experience with the group tailgate parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishnflfan View Post
    Hi,

I've booked up for a trip over the pond in December to see the Giants play the Cowboys, I've read a lot of other threads and got most things sorted, got tickets for the game (lower tier off the Giants direct with no resellers mark up, which I was pretty happy about) and read all the advice about getting the train out from manhattan I just had a couple of questions if anyone could help (other than how the hell your supposed to pronounce secaucus!)

Obviously with no roof over the stands at MetLife if it rains I'll expect to get wet but just how cold is it in December? How warm do you have to wrap up? And does the wind whistle around inside the ground making it feel colder?

Final question, I was looking at tailgating before the game, as it's not something we do over here (the NFL do a corporate sanitised version at the international series but your not allowed to park there or bring your own food/drinks, it's basicly an outdoor bar if anyone's heading over to twickenham) does anyone have any experience with the paid for tailgate parties like the fan van?
    Go see my buddies at the Fambulance for tailgating. great peeps. They would love to have you.
    As time gets closer I can fill you in.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Thanks for the help and any tips you can give me closer to the time on organised tailgates would be great.

If anyone's heading to London for the Rams game and needs any advice, although it's the first NFL game at twickenham stadium I've been a few times for rugby.

Thanks for the help and any tips you can give me closer to the time on organised tailgates would be great.

If anyone's heading to London for the Rams game and needs any advice, although it's the first NFL game at twickenham stadium I've been a few times for rugby.
    Denmark Street in London is my favorite place on earth.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Unless you're a big music fan I'm surprised you voted for that, I shouldn't think Denmark street is on many tourist's must see lists whilst in London?

Unless you're a big music fan I'm surprised you voted for that, I shouldn't think Denmark street is on many tourist's must see lists whilst in London?
    Guitar heaven. My kind of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Go see my buddies at the Fambulance for tailgating. great peeps. They would love to have you.
    As time gets closer I can fill you in.
    Thanks MH, and Happy Birthday Old Man

Feel free to stop by lot L6 and tailgate with The Scarf Soldiers and The G-fambulance, we ge there when the gates open and have more than enough beer and food
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Welcome bud, great to have fans from all over following the Giants.

Enjoy the game and your stay on these boards!
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Will be making the journey over the pond for this game too, looking forward to it