+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jmike draft expert

Re: Jmike draft expert

[quote user="allentown PA"]does anyone see us trading out of the first round...i dont its basically a 2nd round pick...i wouldnt sleep on reciever either...if mannigham goes..imo we need another reciever...barden is trash and i dont know about JJ yet.[/quote]It's always a possibility. When teams get a franchise QB in the 1st round, some of them try to get him a really good WR/TE or OT to help his growth. I wouldn't mind trading out of the 32nd and going into the early 2nd instead with an additional mid round pick.

I'm not sure about a WR with the 32nd pick either to be honest. We have JJ who we just got last year with a 3rd and unless Michael Floyd drops to 32, I'm not a fan of a WR at that spot.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

[quote user="allentown PA"]i actually wanted pouncey of corey L for the giants this season..was pumped when prince fell..i wonder if we would have taken smith if prince wasnt there..that would have confirmed Jmike's prediction.[/quote]

i can guarantee you the giants took a good long look at Smith. Ross sort of took a shot at Smith after the draft, saying about Prince "a CB with no off field issues is a rarity" or something like that. I bet Smith's off the field stuff scared them away, because Smith on the field was a better player in college than Prince, IMO.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]i actually wanted pouncey of corey L for the giants this season..was pumped when prince fell..i wonder if we would have taken smith if prince wasnt there..that would have confirmed Jmike's prediction.[/quote]

i can guarantee you the giants took a good long look at Smith. Ross sort of took a shot at Smith after the draft, saying about Prince "a CB with no off field issues is a rarity" or something like that. I bet Smith's off the field stuff scared them away, because Smith on the field was a better player in college than Prince, IMO.[/quote]

I agree slip however its not like JR doesnt take chances on players..I was big on smith...on a side note losing ross is big imo..he was a top notch scout.

[quote user="allentown PA"]
    I agree slip however its not like JR doesnt take chances on players..I was big on smith...on a side note losing ross is big imo..he was a top notch scout.[/quote]

JR doesnt take chances on players in the first couple rounds. 3rd day picks are different.

And Ross didnt get the job, hes still with the giants.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="allentown PA"]does anyone see us trading out of the first round...i dont its basically a 2nd round pick...i wouldnt sleep on reciever either...if mannigham goes..imo we need another reciever...barden is trash and i dont know about JJ yet.[/quote]It's always a possibility. When teams get a franchise QB in the 1st round, some of them try to get him a really good WR/TE or OT to help his growth. I wouldn't mind trading out of the 32nd and going into the early 2nd instead with an additional mid round pick.

I'm not sure about a WR with the 32nd pick either to be honest. We have JJ who we just got last year with a 3rd and unless Michael Floyd drops to 32, I'm not a fan of a WR at that spot.[/quote]

would love floyd watched every game he played in college becasue im a Notre dame fan he was great with bad quarterbacks throwing to him..he also played against good teams and was their only real target.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]
    I agree slip however its not like JR doesnt take chances on players..I was big on smith...on a side note losing ross is big imo..he was a top notch scout.[/quote]

JR doesnt take chances on players in the first couple rounds. 3rd day picks are different.

And Ross didnt get the job, hes still with the giants.[/quote]

ur rite mannigham was a 3rd and bradshaw a 7th..so good point on that, he hasnt messed with the 1st yet... and I could of sworn I read ross went to the bears but Im glad I was wrong.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="gmen0820"]Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.[/quote]

I dont think so, Liuget had experience at 5t, and had shown he had the ability to 2 gap.

Fairley was a completely different type of player. He was a get skinny and shoot gaps type of DT.[/quote]Fairley definitely isn't the ideal 5T, but I don't think the Chargers could pass him up with the **** they had on their DL. Antonio Garay was their best player, that's saying a lot.

Plus, Fairley had incredible upside.

[quote user="gmen0820"]

Plus, Fairley had incredible upside.[/quote]

Still think hes a poor fit. You cant read a scouting profile of Liuget without seeing the word "versatile" written 50 times in it.

Fairley's scouting profiles are completely different, he is just a gap shooter, thats all hes ever done.

I think that if Dwayne Allen gets past the Broncos, we're going to take a really good look at him and what he can offer for our offense. It'll come down to him and a DT in my opinion.

Ballard is decent but I think his production really has been a result of the bigger weapons in our offense getting majority of the attention from the opposing defenses.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I think that if Dwayne Allen gets past the Broncos, we're going to take a really good look at him and what he can offer for our offense. It'll come down to him and a DT in my opinion.

Ballard is decent but I think his production really has been a result of the bigger weapons in our offense getting majority of the attention from the opposing defenses.[/quote]

I like allen but no way the giants would be interested in him..we dont use our te's in this offense and ballard has been better than good for us..no way we go TE imo.

+ Reply to Thread