+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Jmike draft expert

Re: Jmike draft expert

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]

agreed that would have been interesting but dont know about fairley being there still or would he have been? where did detroit pick?[/quote]

Lions picked 13th. After them, possibly the rams could have taken Fairley, but they needed a DE too, so Quinn could have been their guy the entire time. After the Rams there was really nobody else who needed a 3 tech.

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.[/quote]Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.[/quote]

i love how there are all these names for techs these days...it used to be called head up or outside shoulder of whichever o-llinemen..people like liguet who purely shoot the gap are lame..are there any head up players these days?

Liuget wasent just a gap shooter, he played both spots.

Fairley was a pure gap shooter.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Liuget wasent just a gap shooter, he played both spots.

Fairley was a pure gap shooter.[/quote]

really? totally wrong then..i always felt failey was a great pick for detroit to compliment Suh but I was wrong...how did the kid from baylor fair this season? I believe he went to Cleveland.

anyway..hope she gives her take come draft time...got mad respect for her after last year.

You're thinking Phil Taylor, who I had as my second DT to Dareus.

He's more of a nose guard/tackle kind of guy, and will be an first team all pro guy at some point in his career.

Yea Phil Taylor to me reminds me a lot of Pat Williams the former Vikings DT, but Taylor has a bit more burst off the snap.

Very similar players.

Bench Player

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TheEnigma"]
    We're one really good TE and another RB (for the future) of becoming a really elite offense in this league. Talking about top 5 offense for a few good years.[/quote]

and a whole bunch of offensive linemen, lol.[/quote]

other than Konz who will be an all-pro the rest of the C class is overrated imo and not better than what we have,
    i would not use a pick on center this draft unless we take Konz and are content to have him sit for one season.

speaking of jmike i read in a post and I agree I wouldnt mind working on petrus at center all off season..he is an excellent run blocker imo..i cant stand baas.[/quote]I'd rather we just draft a natural center and continue to groom Petrus as our future LG. Then again, it's been forever since we drafted one of those.[/quote]

All-Pro

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="lawl"]Latest I heard, she expects a DE to be our first rd pick.

It seems like the talent level won't really match up for that to happen at the end of the first. But who knows who will fall and who will rise.[/quote]

i read that she said that too but I think I also read she said with them picking so late it will be hard to tell which way they go...ur actually good at predicting what they do too if I recall from last year.[/quote]
    I think after all the analysis, all of us here tend to have a good idea of what we want the giants to do and what we actually think the giants will do.

I never watch much college ball or highlights so I tend to rely on the people here to clue me in to the positional strengths in the draft and relative idea of draft position and go from there.

I definitely wanted a corner and dt in the first two rounds last year, but I was thinking we'd get a dt in the first as I really didnt think prince or Peterson was falling to us.

This year is a weird one and I won't have even close to an idea as to what I want us to do early on until much closer to the draft when most of the dust has settled.

A versatile OLman, dt, corner de or TE is what im debating as wanting as our first rounder. Like I said, long way to go

honestly If we lose manningham I think WR should be a target...also wouldnt mind safety..we prbly lose grant and I like sash on specials but not sure how he would be as the third safety.

[quote user="lawl"]Latest I heard, she expects a DE to be our first rd pick.

It seems like the talent level won't really match up for that to happen at the end of the first. But who knows who will fall and who will rise.[/quote]

I think she said that before we went on this run and she was prbly rite but with us picking so late....like u said idk if there will be on we want there.

+ Reply to Thread