+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Jmike draft expert

Re: Jmike draft expert

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="lawl"]Latest I heard, she expects a DE to be our first rd pick.

It seems like the talent level won't really match up for that to happen at the end of the first. But who knows who will fall and who will rise.[/quote]

i read that she said that too but I think I also read she said with them picking so late it will be hard to tell which way they go...ur actually good at predicting what they do too if I recall from last year.[/quote]
    I think after all the analysis, all of us here tend to have a good idea of what we want the giants to do and what we actually think the giants will do.

I never watch much college ball or highlights so I tend to rely on the people here to clue me in to the positional strengths in the draft and relative idea of draft position and go from there.

I definitely wanted a corner and dt in the first two rounds last year, but I was thinking we'd get a dt in the first as I really didnt think prince or Peterson was falling to us.

This year is a weird one and I won't have even close to an idea as to what I want us to do early on until much closer to the draft when most of the dust has settled.

A versatile OLman, dt, corner de or TE is what im debating as wanting as our first rounder. Like I said, long way to go[/quote]

agreed its very hard to tell with such a late pick

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Mr. Zolo"]

I don't really see any flaws with Zach Brown. [/quote]

He has crappy instincts and he is not a physical downhill player at all.

Hes essentially a slightly more athletic version of Jacquain Williams.... Who the giants already have on the team.

Really Brown adds nothing that the giants dont already have. What they really need is an inside linebacker. They are pretty well off outside with Boley, Kiwi, and Williams.[/quote]The more I watch the less I like,He cant tackle . I really like Williams I think the giants are good with him. I think they should draft James Michael Johnson if there going to take a LB

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Mr. Zolo"]

I don't really see any flaws with Zach Brown. [/quote]

He has crappy instincts and he is not a physical downhill player at all.

Hes essentially a slightly more athletic version of Jacquain Williams.... Who the giants already have on the team.

Really Brown adds nothing that the giants dont already have. What they really need is an inside linebacker. They are pretty well off outside with Boley, Kiwi, and Williams.[/quote]The more I watch the less I like,He cant tackle . I really like Williams I think the giants are good with him. I think they should draft James Michael Johnson if there going to take a LB[/quote]

what rbs are going to be there? that may be the pick

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]i actually wanted pouncey of corey L for the giants this season..was pumped when prince fell..i wonder if we would have taken smith if prince wasnt there..that would have confirmed Jmike's prediction.[/quote]

i can guarantee you the giants took a good long look at Smith. Ross sort of took a shot at Smith after the draft, saying about Prince "a CB with no off field issues is a rarity" or something like that. I bet Smith's off the field stuff scared them away, because Smith on the field was a better player in college than Prince, IMO.[/quote]Much better tape not really close.

DE made sense to me at the start of the year as well.They might select Cam Johnson Virginia he has a nice burst off the edge.I think as of right now

Mike Adams OT Ohio State
    Cam Johnson DE Virginia
    Coby Fleener TE Stanford
    George Ilokka S/CB Boise State
    Mark Barron S Alabama

1 of those guys would be my guess.I wouldnt put a WR past them either with Manningham a FA.It will be easier to predict after FA I believe. If Osi gets traded I would guess they go DE for sure. I do think they need another young body there. I think they take 1 at some point. Maybe they take a guy like Chandler Jones of Syracuse in the 2nd round. There are better edge rushers though in next years draft . Most of the ends in this class are Strongside ends

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]
    Mark Barron S Alabama
    [/quote]

As much as I love Iloka, theres no way hes worth a first round pick. 2nd at most.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]DE made sense to me at the start of the year as well.They might select Cam Johnson Virginia he has a nice burst off the edge.I think as of right now

Mike Adams OT Ohio State
    Cam Johnson DE Virginia
    Coby Fleener TE Stanford
    Mark Barron S Alabama

1 of those guys would be my guess.I wouldnt put a WR past them either with Manningham a FA.It will be easier to predict after FA I believe. If Osi gets traded I would guess they go DE for sure. I do think they need another young body there. I think they take 1 at some point. Maybe they take a guy like Chandler Jones of Syracuse in the 2nd round. There are better edge rushers though in next years draft . Most of the ends in this class are Strongside ends[/quote]Agreed on Chandler Jones. I've been extremely high on Chandler Jones and Vinny Curry.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]
    Mark Barron S Alabama
    [/quote]

As much as I love Iloka, theres no way hes worth a first round pick. 2nd at most.[/quote]

I want to see him in the combine. I think he could be one of those players to be a better pro than a college player (especially given how TE's are beginning to be used nowadays).

His height/weight/versatility scream a prototypical Giants draft choice. If he shows athleticism in the combine, I wouldn't have a problem with him at all

(I'd like to throw Brockers, Cox, and possibly Poe to the list of "possibles" as well. Sanu as well, but I doubt he makes it past San Fran. I kinda doubt Reese picks an O-lineman unless there's one there they REALLY like)

[quote user="Raptor22"]

I want to see him in the combine. I think he could be one of those players to be a better pro than a college player (especially given how TE's are beginning to be used nowadays).[/quote]

Probably, but watching him in the senior bowl, he just is somewhat average in terms of range and instincts. He could be a very good rover, but its a projection, and I just dont think hes good enough right now to be worth a 1st round pick.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Raptor22"]

I want to see him in the combine. I think he could be one of those players to be a better pro than a college player (especially given how TE's are beginning to be used nowadays).[/quote]

Probably, but watching him in the senior bowl, he just is somewhat average in terms of range and instincts. He could be a very good rover, but its a projection, and I just dont think hes good enough right now to be worth a 1st round pick.[/quote]

meh... I wouldn't judge anything from the Senior Bowl. They're not allowed to play anything like a Pro defense, or even a defense that fits with the particular talent on the respective teams.

However, he did blow up the practices, getting mentioned in glowing terms in just about every report. (IIRC he got beat once all told, and that was by a small/shifty receiver he wouldn't be asked to cover in the pros, but he did consistently shut down the receiving TE's)

+ Reply to Thread