+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Jmike draft expert

I think Glenn is a mid to late 1st round pick, but im not sure he is a fit for the giants.

He is quite a bit heavier than the rest of the giants linemen, and they generally seem to like the smaller guys who pull/trap better, though Shawn Andrews was about the same size as Glenn.

I think its probably 50/50 at best he is still on the board when the giants pick. Hes a near perfect fit for the steelers, who need help at guard and RT. Also could see the lions, Ravens, and 9ers taking a good look at him.

[quote user="allentown PA"]

agreed that would have been interesting but dont know about fairley being there still or would he have been? where did detroit pick?[/quote]

Lions picked 13th. After them, possibly the rams could have taken Fairley, but they needed a DE too, so Quinn could have been their guy the entire time. After the Rams there was really nobody else who needed a 3 tech.

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.

does anyone see us trading out of the first round...i dont its basically a 2nd round pick...i wouldnt sleep on reciever either...if mannigham goes..imo we need another reciever...barden is trash and i dont know about JJ yet.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]

agreed that would have been interesting but dont know about fairley being there still or would he have been? where did detroit pick?[/quote]

Lions picked 13th. After them, possibly the rams could have taken Fairley, but they needed a DE too, so Quinn could have been their guy the entire time. After the Rams there was really nobody else who needed a 3 tech.

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.[/quote]

wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.[/quote]Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.

i actually wanted pouncey of corey L for the giants this season..was pumped when prince fell..i wonder if we would have taken smith if prince wasnt there..that would have confirmed Jmike's prediction.

[quote user="allentown PA"]
    wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo[/quote]

they run mostly 1 gap 3-4, similar to what Dallas runs. But he played a lot of 3-4 end in college, so i wouldnt think its a bad schematic fit, more Liuget just adjusting to the NFL.

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.[/quote]

wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo[/quote]He isn't poorly suited to play 5T IMO, I just think he would be a better 3T.

He wasn't too bad, but he didn't even hit 50% of their snaps.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.[/quote]

I dont think so, Liuget had experience at 5t, and had shown he had the ability to 2 gap.

Fairley was a completely different type of player. He was a get skinny and shoot gaps type of DT.

wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo[/quote]

they run mostly 1 gap 3-4, similar to what Dallas runs. But he played a lot of 3-4 end in college, so i wouldnt think its a bad schematic fit, more Liuget just adjusting to the NFL.[/quote]

would he have been good with us?? and what are ur expectations for marvin austin..i was excited with the pick but he is now 2 years removed from playing the game..im not sure anymore.