+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Jmike draft expert

[quote user="allentown PA"]
    I like allen but no way the giants would be interested in him..we dont use our te's in this offense and ballard has been better than good for us..no way we go TE imo.[/quote]

Ballard had 600 yards, and hes just an average TE at best.

I think the giants offense absolutely can utilize a TE, they just havent really had much talent there the past few seasons.

They drafted Beckum to find a guy that gave LBs matchup problems, and Beckum has been a disappointment thus far.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]
    I like allen but no way the giants would be interested in him..we dont use our te's in this offense and ballard has been better than good for us..no way we go TE imo.[/quote]

Ballard had 600 yards, and hes just an average TE at best.

I think the giants offense absolutely can utilize a TE, they just havent really had much talent there the past few seasons.

They drafted Beckum to find a guy that gave LBs matchup problems, and Beckum has been a disappointment thus far.[/quote]

i agree with u to an extent but I believe ballards year was a product of Eli's big season...and yes beckum has been a dissapointment but I feel we are not big on TE's beckum could be dallas clark part2 if he was in a system that used TE's...we simply dont highlight the TE in this offense imo.

[quote user="allentown PA"]TE's beckum could be dallas clark part2 if he was in a system that used TE's...[/quote]

Or it could be that Beckum is nowhere near as talented as Clark...

however ive learned I dont know much and to trus JR...i was angered when we took JPP and the riaders got mcclain..how did that work out..lol..jpp is the best defensvie player in the NFL rite now imo.

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="TheEnigma"]I think that if Dwayne Allen gets past the Broncos, we're going to take a really good look at him and what he can offer for our offense. It'll come down to him and a DT in my opinion.

Ballard is decent but I think his production really has been a result of the bigger weapons in our offense getting majority of the attention from the opposing defenses.[/quote]

I like allen but no way the giants would be interested in him..we dont use our te's in this offense and ballard has been better than good for us..no way we go TE imo.[/quote]It's not just Allen's ability as a receiver that impresses me but his work ethic that his former teammate Da'Quan Bowers alluded to in an interview with Walterfootball (ya I know, walter football)

[quote user="Da'Quan Bowers"]In practice he would always ask me to go extra hard on him so he could work on his blocking. We had a relationship in practice where I would push him and he would push me. He is one of the best tight ends in the nation right now. He has a great work ethic. He does everything in his power to help the team.[/quote]

[quote user="Da'Quan Bowers"]He won't be covered in man. Not by a linebacker. You can try and zone him, but he's not going to be covered in man. He's too big and fast. He can block. He can catch. He's just really big and fast.[/quote]

We're one really good TE and another RB (for the future) of becoming a really elite offense in this league. Talking about top 5 offense for a few good years.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]
    We're one really good TE and another RB (for the future) of becoming a really elite offense in this league. Talking about top 5 offense for a few good years.[/quote]

and a whole bunch of offensive linemen, lol.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]TE's beckum could be dallas clark part2 if he was in a system that used TE's...[/quote]

Or it could be that Beckum is nowhere near as talented as Clark...[/quote]

true but imo I could see him doing well with the colts when Peyton was healthy..hey i could be wrong i respect ur opinon but we havent featured the TE in some time..even when jeremey shockey was here....TE does not seem to be a postion we value very high.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TheEnigma"]
    We're one really good TE and another RB (for the future) of becoming a really elite offense in this league. Talking about top 5 offense for a few good years.[/quote]

and a whole bunch of offensive linemen, lol.[/quote]

speaking of jmike i read in a post and I agree I wouldnt mind working on petrus at center all off season..he is an excellent run blocker imo..i cant stand baas.

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TheEnigma"]

speaking of jmike i read in a post and I agree I wouldnt mind working on petrus at center all off season..he is an excellent run blocker imo..i cant stand baas.[/quote]I'd rather we just draft a natural center and continue to groom Petrus as our future LG. Then again, it's been forever since we drafted one of those.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TheEnigma"]

speaking of jmike i read in a post and I agree I wouldnt mind working on petrus at center all off season..he is an excellent run blocker imo..i cant stand baas.[/quote]I'd rather we just draft a natural center and continue to groom Petrus as our future LG. Then again, it's been forever since we drafted one of those.[/quote]

would prbly have to snag one of those in the 2nd round