+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

Top 10 Giants players of this season

1) Eli Manning- num 1 got to be Eli. He has elevated his game to another level. He is the man we expected when we drafted him
    2) Cruz/Nicks- toss up i cannot see how you can rank one ahead of another. We needed both
    3) JPP- By far our top defensive player all around 16.5 sacks in his second yr, only scratching the surface
    4) Osi- 9sacks in how many games? Was injured part of the year but played big every game he played and made game changing plays
    5) C-web- our top cb for years
    6) Tuck- played through injuries and is our emotional leader
    7) Boley- Has played good all year and is our def qb lining all the guys up. it really showed when he was out of the lineup mid season
    8) Rolle- he has done everything we asked of him by playing multiple positions
    9) Ballard- had some big games and some big catches, filled a void at te
    10) Weatherford/special teams- must mentioned weatherford after the punter issues last season. Special teams have played huge towards the end of the year and really not bad most of the season

Discuss!! Tell me ur list or edit mine. Go Gmen!!

Re: Top 10 Giants players of this season

i'll discuss my list later, and give it now. cool thread.. but i think cruz deserves his own spot at number, well i'll go with 3. i'm not gonna say he's better than nicks, cause i don't think he is...but he just had such a great year, put up better numbers than nicks, and stayed healthy all season. he just added something to the team. hard to put your finger on it, so we'll just call it a 'spark'. great attitude, and he seems to love the game, and has a lot of fun playing it. anyway, sorry to ramble...i just really love victor cruz. i hope he is a career giant. i really really REALLY hope so. him and nicks. here's my list.

1. eli
    2. jpp
    3. cruuuuz
    4. canty
    5. boley
    6. nicks
    7. baas/boothe (YES!, BAAS and BOOTHE!)
    8. webster
    9. osi/tuck
    10. bradshaw/jacobs

so hard to do a top ten with so many players contributing. really would've liked to mention rolle, joseph, grant, weatherford, CHASE, ballard, hynoski and snee as well. hell, i just love the whole team, and how can you not? the combos for a few positions are because of our massive amount of injuries this year. because all of these players missed some playing time, i felt compelled to double up certain position players.

1. Manning
    2. Pierre-Paul
    3. Cruz
    4. Webster
    5. Boothe
    6. Boley
    7. Nicks
    8. Phillips
    9. Diehl
    10. Umenyiora