+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Nike Uniforms

Have been coming to the board for years. I actually remember first coming to the boards in 2000, but I rarely ever post...mostly because I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. But, in the rare instance that I do have something of merit to contribute, I do so...

...With that said, I haven't seen anything in reference to this picture on Mark Herzlich's twitter (originally from his Instagram account) which shows a possible Nike design for the uniforms next year. Does anyone have any additional info on this? Can anyone confirm or refute the authenticity Thoughts? The most glaring change would be the placement of the NY insignia on the helmet. If somebody else already posted this feel free to call me out on it. It easily could have gotten lost in all the Super Bowl news and fodder.

I actually like the change. It's modern without messing too much with the classic nature of the uniform, but I'm also on the younger side...

Here's the link

Bench Player

Re: New Nike Uniforms

Search the forum before you post stuff like this.

Again, those are not official Nike designs.

They were just fan concepts.

I've seen the ones that made the rounds in October, which, as a graphic designer, I can tell you were of dubious quality and were clear fakes...

See Here

However, this particular design, unlike others I have seen, is much more authentic looking. Besides having the "captain" patch, as well as a number of other details, it is much more in keeping with what the NFL and Nike have said they plan for 2012...changes to the uniform styling rather than the design.

Plus, an actual Giants player posted it, which gives it more credibility in my book.

And, for the record, I did do a search to see if someone had posted THIS actual picture...nobody had that I could see...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I saw these in 2012...

...so stop hatin' and start ruminatin'.

With that being said, the odds of Nike releasing something this early is unlikely...and I do agree this is probably a new piece of fan art...but not to be lumped in with the crap I saw back in October.

And the fact that Herzlich posted it made it interesting and post worthy...

So one is fake and the other is not, yet utilize the same exact template?

Then that means those hideous procombats dubbed as fakes are an actual possibility. Yuck.

Veteran

[quote user="thedannykanellsociety"]I've seen the ones that made the rounds in October, which, as a graphic designer, I can tell you were of dubious quality and were clear fakes...

See Here

However, this particular design, unlike others I have seen, is much more authentic looking. Besides having the "captain" patch, as well as a number of other details, it is much more in keeping with what the NFL and Nike have said they plan for 2012...changes to the uniform styling rather than the design.

Plus, an actual Giants player posted it, which gives it more credibility in my book.

And, for the record, I did do a search to see if someone had posted THIS actual picture...nobody had that I could see...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I saw these in 2012...

...so stop hatin' and start ruminatin'.
    [/quote]

Bro don't listen to these peeps. It's ok to post something like this it's not like you are being a troll or hurting anyone. ...If people don't like it don't post and this thread will die quick.

Thanks for the link

Herz posted them originally and they're not completely wild so they definitely could be legit. Thanks for the link man if nothing else they're pretty to look at!

You raise a really great point. From best I can tell (like I said I'm a designer so I'm all up on this stuff) the original templates came from a guy name Fraser Davidson, who does a number of sports logos and is actually one of the best in the industry. Don't know if he has done any work for Nike, but his Pro Combat templates (which you can download here and use if you have Photoshop) are of quite a high quality and I've seen Nike releases pressers VERY similar to this design, so it is entirely possible he may have done them for Nike...but don't know for sure. Certainly anybody with a passing knowledge of Photoshop could start piecing together concept unis from this template, though.

So, with that being said, YES, it is unlikely these are legit. Nike stuff very rarely ever leaks. I've done work for Gatorade and I can say that it is very hard to leak anything...even when you help create it. And, YES, even if it did leak, it is likely that Nike would have much more up their sleeves than a single presser like this.

However, whoever did this one did do a REALLY GOOD JOB. The Giants colors are spot on, the logos aren't distorted and there are some really nice touches (like the captain's "C"). Moreover, unlike all of the other fan concepts I've seen, this one actually seems plausible. Couple that with the fact that it was originally posted by a Giants player (and I can't find it google searching...so I don't know where Herzlich got it from originally) and it does make you raise an eyebrow.

But worry not, the NFL isn't going to let Nike go crazy like they do in the college game...and neither is the Giants organization. This is probably really close to the compromise that is going to come out of the Nike partnership...

All-Pro

[quote user="DemandedAce"]Herz posted them originally and they're not completely wild so they definitely could be legit. Thanks for the link man if nothing else they're pretty to look at![/quote]I am old fashioned. I know changes will come, but I like what we have now
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***