+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Ross

Aaron Ross

With his unrestricted free agency coming up....Mr Ross earned him self a few bucks with his play the last 5 weeks

Re: Aaron Ross

At this point I think you have to make a strong push to bring back Ross. He seems to be showing the talent we all saw his rookie season finally. I love TT but who knows how he is going to recover or if he will return to his level of play. The safer pick of the two is Ross and that is where my money would go. Hopefully Prince continues to develop and we can go into next season with a real solid group of Web,Ross and Prince. I would let someone else take the gamble on TT or if he slips through somehow, which i doubt, make him a cheaper 1yr offer. As we have seen time and time again though someone is likely to still dish out the money.

[quote user="ELIteManning"]At this point I think you have to make a strong push to bring back Ross. He seems to be showing the talent we all saw his rookie season finally. I love TT but who knows how he is going to recover or if he will return to his level of play. The safer pick of the two is Ross and that is where my money would go. Hopefully Prince continues to develop and we can go into next season with a real solid group of Web,Ross and Prince. I would let someone else take the gamble on TT or if he slips through somehow, which i doubt, make him a cheaper 1yr offer. As we have seen time and time again though someone is likely to still dish out the money.[/quote]
    I think this is the first time Ross has been healthy since his rookie season.

Veteran

Ross is an athletic, physical corner.....he's gotten the job done. Yeah, he's been burned a few times, but the apocalypse that fans feared when T2 went to IRdid not materialize.

For the record, I figured Ross was going to be okay.

+1 -- I'm happy for Ross because he's playing like he did his rookie year. He's FINALLY healthy again.

That being said, he's probably playing himself into a decent contract where he would be a starter. With the Giants having Webster and Prince, I can't see them being able to afford another starting CB.

Which stinks because one of those guys is bound to be injured again next year (it's just our luck in the secondary) and we'll be shorthanded there once again.

[quote user="JMFP2"]

Ross is an athletic, physical corner.....he's gotten the job done.* Yeah, he's been burned a few times, but the apocalypse that fans feared when T2 went to IR*did not materialize.

For the record, I figured Ross was going to be okay.

[/quote]
    Agreed. Ross had a very good rookie year and there was no reason for him to not be good, unless the injuries just hampered him too much. Well, it looks like he's quite a decent player again when he's healthy.

I had never given up on him before, but was about to this year before he (and the entire D) turned things around.

To me it seemed like a lot of times he got burned this year looked like miscommunication issues (Not saying he isn't to blame...just do not think its really a talent issue. I would have to look back over them to confirm this). To his defense... everyone in our secondary got burned earlier this season. We seem to have those issues resolved for the most part. I have a hard time judging our secondary on what was going on earlier this year.

If the caps allows it, I would bring TT and Ross back. TT pretty much knows he will have to accept a one year prove-it type deal. I would actually try to sign Ross to a two year Kiwi type deal, just cheaper than that amount.

Ross started to play better as the season went on. He started showing some of the play we watched him throw in his rookie year. Lets keep in mind its part of one season. Saying that we know that its all about what the Dr's say but TT should be back on the right side maybe.Lets not forget a lot of competition @ CB next season: Webby, TT, AR, Prince, Johnson, Coe and whoever else may happen along.

Not really a lot of competition at the moment since I believe 4 of those names you mentioned are free agents at seasons end.