+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Could 85 be the Pats secret weapon if Gronk isn't 100%?

Ochocinco has done diddly for the Pats this season, but he did have a 4 year span of 1000 yards and 80+receptions from 2003 to 2007. He isn't the same player he was on the Bengals, and never seemed to fully get NE's playbook...but if Gronk can't make the impact NE has depended on all season, could BB gameplan Chad to makeup for the void?

Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.

Bench Player

Re: Could 85 be the Pats secret weapon if Gronk isn't 100%?

i was joking with my husband yesterday that Ochostinko is going to make some big plays in the SB. He has not done crap for the Pats this year.

That was 03-07. It's 2012.

Gronk's void doesn't lie solely in pass catching. He's put hits on some of the biggest defenders in the league.

Ocho is their secret idiot. That's about it.

[quote user="Firenugget"]Ocho is their secret idiot. That's about it.
    [/quote]

Secret?

All-Pro

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Ochocinco has done diddly for the Pats this season, but he did have a 4 year span of 1000 yards and 80+receptions from 2003 to 2007. He isn't the same player he was on the Bengals, and never seemed to fully get NE's playbook...but if Gronk can't make the impact NE has depended on all season, could BB gameplan Chad to makeup for the void?

Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.[/quote]no mistake, He was traded for 2 6 round picks (2012 and 2013). was worth a shot.

There's probable not a lot of tape of Brady and Chad for Fewell to go over and prepare. Welker is still the man to watch.

Sundays not coming fast enough

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Ochocinco has done diddly for the Pats this season, but he did have a 4 year span of 1000 yards and 80+receptions from 2003 to 2007. He isn't the same player he was on the Bengals, and never seemed to fully get NE's playbook...but if Gronk can't make the impact NE has depended on all season, could BB gameplan Chad to makeup for the void?

Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.[/quote]

I'd be more worried about Deon Branch. He's been unreliable this year but has been their stretch guy (successfully) in the past.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

Hard to imagine him suddenly coming alive in this game, but I suppose that it is possible.

If the Giants have shut down all of Brady's other options so well that he has to go to Johnson, I'll take that any day . . . . .

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Ochocinco has done diddly for the Pats this season, but he did have a 4 year span of 1000 yards and 80+receptions from 2003 to 2007. He isn't the same player he was on the Bengals, and never seemed to fully get NE's playbook...but if Gronk can't make the impact NE has depended on all season, could BB gameplan Chad to makeup for the void? Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.[/quote]

How is Johnson a mistake. The Pats are 15-3 and in the SB. He may not have given them production but a mistake??? Nah.

Of course he could come up big but that would entail Brady having confidence in him and I think thats the real issue. You mya see some deep throws to him though since he is their only real deep threat.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Ochocinco has done diddly for the Pats this season, but he did have a 4 year span of 1000 yards and 80+receptions from 2003 to 2007. He isn't the same player he was on the Bengals, and never seemed to fully get NE's playbook...but if Gronk can't make the impact NE has depended on all season, could BB gameplan Chad to makeup for the void? Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.[/quote]

How is Johnson a mistake. The Pats are 15-3 and in the SB. He may not have given them production but a mistake??? Nah.

Of course he could come up big but that would entail Brady having confidence in him and I think thats the real issue. You mya see some deep throws to him though since he is their only real deep threat.

[/quote]

Look at what they paid him this year versus his production . . . he is a mistake (barring, of course, a great SB performance).