+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Parcells 8-3 in Playoffs, Coughlin 7-3

Coughlin has the opportunity to tie Parcells post-season record with a win this Sunday. Also, its odd that the Giants led by Parcells won the SB in 86 and then won again in 90. We won in 07 and now have a chance to win it in '11, a four year time span for both. The stars all lining up...my blue blood is pumping. Can't wait for the win.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

Re: Parcells 8-3 in Playoffs, Coughlin 7-3

What's also coincidental and fantastic is that the Giants beat the Niners in SF in the NFC championship in '90, and did it again this year...let's hope they stay the course again.

Banned

There is definitely a whole lot of similarities with this run. Too many to name. I just hope we finish and seal the deal.

another thing, we're undefeated playing the AFC East in the SB, and undefeated vs the AFC East this season.

Besides having the better team, defense, QB playing better, better WR corp, better DL...we also seem to have a bit of history on our side as well.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]There is definitely a whole lot of similarities with this run. Too many to name. I just hope we finish and seal the deal.[/quote]
    +1

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]There is definitely a whole lot of similarities with this run. Too many to name. I just hope we finish and seal the deal.[/quote]
    Yep tons of those. And tons of trends....
    We can all sit back and read all lists of them after we win like u said..

Kinda nice TC can tie Bill with a win Sunday. Both Giants Coaches to boot.. And Landry with 7 road wins like Tom was a former giants asst before he got all those Road playoff wins with Dallas
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Even more similarities are that they both had a losing record their first season and have both been to the playoffs 5 times with the Giants.

[quote user="Eli2Nicks612"]Even more similarities are that they both had a losing record their first season and have both been to the playoffs 5 times with the Giants.[/quote]

There was another thread that did a side by side comparison of BP and TC Giants... The things they did that were the same or similar was UNREAL... I dont remember title of the post. Maybe someone can seach for it and post a LINK here.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Us winning the SB is the only similarity I'm concerned with.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]There is definitely a whole lot of similarities with this run. Too many to name. I just hope we finish and seal the deal.[/quote] Us winning the SB is the only similarity I'm concerned with.[/quote]

Yes like i said, lets win it first... then we can sit back later and read all the similarites later at our leisure

4-New York Giants!!!!!