+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

42-10 Patriots Win

Could you imagine these boards after that?

Hope you guys aren't forgetting 2000 or the fact that the Patriots are one of the most prolific offensive teams in NFL history. Commandeered by perhaps both the greatest QB and HC in NFL history.

I think the analysts are insane ... despite how well the Giants are playing, this is a total uphill battle coming up on Sunday.

Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: 42-10 Patriots Win

Nothing matters but how the game is played. Last I checked, that's still a few days away. I wouldn't be overly optimistic or pessimistic. Over the last five weeks, we've been the better team on the field. I, personally, expect that to be the case on Sunday.

Uphill battle? I don't think so. I'll give you "it'll be a good game" but no way in hell are they some dominating force this year that we should be intimidated by in any way. I think you're selling us a bit short.

[quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that? Hope you guys aren't forgetting 2000 or the fact that the Patriots are one of the most prolific offensive teams in NFL history. Commandeered by perhaps both the greatest QB and HC in NFL history. I think the analysts are insane ... despite how well the Giants are playing, this is a total uphill battle coming up on Sunday. Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.[/quote]

Well you are correct. Giving BB 2 weeks to prepare for you was like giving Nick Saban all that time to plan for LSU and you saw what he did to them in the NCG.

Also I can remember leading up to that SB with the Ravens. We all knew how good That vaunted Ravens Defense was. But I dont think anyone on here or in giants fanbase saw that beat down coming. Especially with the way we beat the Vikings 41-0 in the NFCCG.

Was kinda like what BB did for us against Buffalo in 90 SB. They had cruised through that whole season with blowout after blowout with that high scoring no huddle offense. They outscored their opponents in the playoffs by some ungodly point differential of like 100+ to almost nothing scored against them. they had several blowout wins in playoffs. We then go out and pretty much totally shut down that offensive maching in SB. Also kinda how we shut down the Pats offense in 07...

Now i am not saying we are an offensive juggernut like those teams were, so it is not out of the question that BB could come up with something to shut us down.

With that said it would not surprise me if we were the ones that win 42-10...lol

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Firenugget"]Uphill battle? I don't think so. I'll give you "it'll be a good game" but no way in hell are they some dominating force this year that we should be intimidated by in any way. I think you're selling us a bit short.
    [/quote]

Am I?

We're facing the team that threw for over 5,000 yards this year and our secondary has been very suspect barring a couple of games this year.

On any given Sunday and all that ... we proved that in 2007. I could very well see the Pats proving to us just how good they are come Sunday.

I think it will be a close game because that's generally how SBs play out barring some real big mistakes .... however let's not forget who we're playing (as the media seems to have in an effort to create SB drama).

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Firenugget"]Uphill battle? I don't think so. I'll give you "it'll be a good game" but no way in hell are they some dominating force this year that we should be intimidated by in any way. I think you're selling us a bit short.
    [/quote]

all he is saying is they were a dominating force in 07 and spags had a plan to shut them down. While i agree they are not that this season. I dont think for a second that BB cant come up with a plan to stifle our offense. Although I want us to blow them out, i have a feeling it could wind up being another nail biter

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that?

Hope you guys aren't forgetting 2000 or the fact that the Patriots are one of the most prolific offensive teams in NFL history. Commandeered by perhaps both the greatest QB and HC in NFL history.

I think the analysts are insane ... despite how well the Giants are playing, this is a total uphill battle coming up on Sunday.

Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.[/quote]

If something like that happens, I'll deal with it - just like everybody else. But I'll be d*** if I'm going to spend all week preparing for getting our a**** whipped.

The thing that scares me most about this game is that we are so one dimensional on defense. If they stop our pass rush it could be a very long day.

Show class, be a Giants fan.

All-Pro

That would be very disappointing the way we have been playing lately. With that said, this year has gone way beyond my expectations. After the final preseason game, I predicted 8-8, no playoffs. I was off one game, but honestly did not think this team could play as well as they have the last 5 games. So even though I am very happy how far we went this season, I expect us to show up and kick some butt this weekend. If we get blown out, somethingwent very wrong in keeping the team focused and prepared.

[quote user="chasjay"][quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that?

Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.[/quote]

If something like that happens, I'll deal with it - just like everybody else. But I'll be d*** if I'm going to spend all week preparing for getting our a**** whipped.
    [/quote]

Oh I agree ... just don't forget who we're playing.

It's not like we drew the '94 Chargers.