+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody notice Jesse Armstead on the sidelines during the NFCCG?

he was wearing a blue coach's jacket, you could tell it was him because of the moustache. i think he was standing next to Osi.

if he's been on the sidelines for the playoffs, i wonder how often he's been an assistant this season. could be a factor in how the young linebackers have been playing this year

Re: Anybody notice Jesse Armstead on the sidelines during the NFCCG?

He has been on the sidleines all year. I am not sure of his position but he is some type of assistant coach.

I think he's an assistant/consultant.

Veteran

[quote user="C1010"]I think he's an assistant/consultant.
    [/quote]

I think he is. I was lucky enough to get on the field in 2007 before the first Eagles game because I know Mike Murphy and I was with one of his coworker's families that day. When we went down on the field, he brought over Howard Cross and then brought over Jessie Armstead. I'm pretty sure he has some sort of affiliation with the team in one way or another.

All-Pro

On September 8, 2008, Armstead was hired by the Giants as a "special assistant/consultant". His responsibilities include special projects, defensive assignments, player development and free agent recruiting.

He helped us land Michael Boley.

I'm glad to know that because I never see Armstead around whenever the media interviews old Giants. Glad to see he's around, and even better, working with the Giants.

Veteran

Yea, thanks for posting. Jesse has been with us for years as an assistant.

All-Pro

Id like to get Pepper Johnson back here as well. He has been with the Pats for quite some time now, because Belichick is holding on to him. He is their Dline coach.

Armstead's fumble return for a TD that got called back in SB35 could have changed that game. I'm still rankled by that bogus holding call.

(talk about a grudge .... yeeesh!)

Damn I miss him. One of the worst let downs in free agency we had in the 90s (not re-signing him).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="TuckYou"]Id like to get Pepper Johnson back here as well. He has been with the Pats for quite some time now, because Belichick is holding on to him. He is their Dline coach.[/quote]

Supposedly he'll be their next DC.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)