+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli an old man?

Bench Player

Eli an old man?

Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices.
    Can't believe Eli's one of the oldest on the team seems like yesterday he was telling San Diego to shove it.

Veteran

Re: Eli an old man?

I believe Eli's been on the team the second-longest, next to Osi. Someone let me know if I have that wrong.

[quote user="Dover Giant"]Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices.
    Can't believe Eli's one of the oldest on the team seems like yesterday he was telling San Diego to shove it.[/quote]

And yet we should see him play for another 5-8 years if not longer.

Wonder if we get into a similar position the Colts are now in with Peyton? I hope not ... I hate that ****.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Dover Giant"]Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices. Can't believe Eli's one of the oldest on the team seems like yesterday he was telling San Diego to shove it.[/quote] And yet we should see him play for another 5-8 years if not longer. Wonder if we get into a similar position the Colts are now in with Peyton? I hope not ... I hate that ****.[/quote]

If the Giants have a high draft pick in 4 - 5 years and have another QB of their future within reach, they should go for it. I'm not saying right now, I'm talking about when it's getting close to the end of Eli's career (like Kerry Collins's career when they drafted Eli) and not at the very end of his career or even after it should have ended, but kept him too long.

For the Colts it's a no-brainer...they MUST draft Luck regardless of whether or not Peyton can play.

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Dover Giant"]Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices. Can't believe Eli's one of the oldest on the team seems like yesterday he was telling San Diego to shove it.[/quote] And yet we should see him play for another 5-8 years if not longer. Wonder if we get into a similar position the Colts are now in with Peyton? I hope not ... I hate that ****.[/quote]

If the Giants have a high draft pick in 4 - 5 years and have another QB of their future within reach, they should go for it.* I'm not saying right now, I'm talking about when it's getting close to the end of Eli's career (like Kerry Collins's career when they drafted Eli) and not at the very end of his career or even after it should have ended, but kept him too long.

For the Colts it's a no-brainer...they MUST draft Luck regardless of whether or not Peyton can play.

[/quote]

You have to be careful with that though. I mean Kerry Collins is one thing. Eli manning is another thing completely.

I think with Eli its unfortunately going to be a situation where Eli plays until he's ready to reture and it takes us little while to get the QB situation sorted out.

But you can't use a high draft choice on a QB if the Franchise isn't ready to pass the torch.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="Dover Giant"]Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices.
    Can't believe Eli's one of the oldest on the team seems like yesterday he was telling San Diego to shove it.[/quote]

31 is like the young prime of QBs
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Dover Giant"]Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices.

[/quote]

The way the league is writing rules to protect the quarterback, you may see Eli play well into his forties!

[quote user="JimC"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Dover Giant"]Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices.

[/quote]

The way the league is writing rules to protect the quarterback, you may see Eli play well into his forties!
    [/quote]

lol one could hope

would be great if he could pass Farve's ironman number
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="NY_Eli"]I believe Eli's been on the team the second-longest, next to Osi.* Someone let me know if I have that wrong.
    [/quote]Osi and Diehl
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Port St. Lucie, FL (originally from Avenel, NJ)

Eli an old man?

Man, that makes me sad being even OLDER than E.