+ Reply to Thread

Lovin Drafttek's Mock Draft

I personally would sh!t skittles if this was accurate. Draftteck has analysts that plug in each team's needs and the rest of the work is done by computers. It's got some pretty ridiculous picks (understatement), but still fun to look at I guess. Here's how it has the Giants.

RD1: Dont'a Hightower
    RD2: Lamar Miller
    RD3: Marcus Forston
    RD4: Philip Blake
    RD 5: David Paulson (ok, this one I could really live without)
    RD 6: Derek Denis

Re: Lovin Drafttek's Mock Draft

There's a slew of guys I'd want before Hightower. I expect RBs to slip, but Lamar making it to 64?

Veteran

Lamar is a fringe 1st, early 2nd rounder. i dont like hightower that much for our team.

1st. Zach Brown/ Dwayne Allen/ Fletcher Cox.....
    2nd. Casey Hayward/ Jerel Worthy / Coby fleener
    3rd. Doug Martin/ Donnie Fletcher/ Orson Charles
    4th.Isaiah Pead/ Cliff Harris/ Philip Blake

[quote user="bLuereverie"]There's a slew of guys I'd want before Hightower. I expect RBs to slip, but Lamar making it to 64?[/quote]

Not gonna happen. Like I said, it has some pretty ridiculous picks all over the place.

Bench Player

Hightower is a 3-4 ILB. if we take a MLB in the 1st it should be Burfict or Keuchley if he falls.
    i am not a fan of U players. i prefer Martin or Polk.
    ditto on Forston
    Blake is not better than Baas. Konz is the only center i'd draft.
    Paulson is not a good blocker and slower than Beckum.
    Dennis is a G prospect. Petrus is better. if we need a project i prefer JLooney from WForest.

That is so unlikely but so awesome.

If you had Miller in the first, I wouldn't protest. I love Lamar Miller.

Hightower plays in a 3-4, but he'd be great in any defense IMO. We could even move him to DE and he'd be awesome. Not to mention, Alabama's 3-4 functions much like a 4-3 in many formations. Dont'a quarterbacked the best and most complex defense in college football. He's exactly what we need IMO. Smart guy that brings no character issues with him.

Considering how many stars there are in the NFL (esp. at RB) that played at Miami, not sure why you would feel that way.. but to each their own.

I'd take Ben Jones as well. I wouldn't expect anybody taken in the 4th round to be better than a current NFL starter.

I could do without Paulson.

Yes, Petrus is better. But I'd say Petrus is better than Looney as well as anyone we could get without taking someone in the first 3 rounds. You still draft guys. I don't think all that highly of Dennis or Looney. Dennis has played just about every OL position though.