+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Please Make The SB Media Blitz STOP Already!

Wall to wall Super Bowl 46 coverage has become downright Kardashian-esque in an overly talked about to the point that I want to tear my hair out sense!!!
    I want the game to get here and the talking about it to cease immediately if not sooner!!!!!!

Re: Please Make The SB Media Blitz STOP Already!

it's like this every year......
    at least this year its about us.
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

It's enough to drive you crazy isn't it?

...and they (the media, local and national) seem to zero in on the most stupid tidbits of useless fluff ... then, run with it over and over ... it got to the point last year where I couldn't even watch the local news in the evening not to even mention ESPN...it was just plain mind altering.

Last year though was mild compared to the 1996 season and the hype that lead up to Super Bowl 31 -- but, I do feel your pain.

[quote user="weeds123"]It's enough to drive you crazy isn't it?

...and they (the media, local and national) seem to zero in on the most stupid tidbits of useless fluff ... then, run with it over and over ... it got to the point last year where I couldn't even watch the local news in the evening not to even mention ESPN...it was just plain mind altering.

Last year though was mild compared to the 1996 season and the hype that lead up to Super Bowl 31 -- but, I do feel your pain.
    [/quote]

not to mention your boy Favre and his retiring
    for the last 5 years......yup, you guys gotta be sick of it.

by the way weeds , this is gonna be our fourth ring too.
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

I was watching NFL network for a bit and some reporter asked Eli to name other famous Eli's. We have gone too far.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="stormblue"][quote user="weeds123"]It's enough to drive you crazy isn't it?

[/quote]

not to mention your boy Favre and his retiring
    for the last 5 years......yup, you guys gotta be sick of it.

by the way weeds , this is gonna be our fourth ring too.[/quote]

Favre was my boy?? Haha.. yeah, ok. I've never been a fan of individual players. I've never owned a jersey with a player number and name on it. Don't get me wrong...he was a helluva player, but when he retired after '07, I was ready to move on.

Incidentally, it'll be the Giants' 8th ring. A Giants fan should know full well that NFL existed long before some marketing schmuck came up with the "Super Bowl" schtick. Afterall, it's not our fault that our guys were winning championships before the Bears, Packers, Giants and Cardinals allowed all of these expansion franchises into the league...right?

Veteran

[quote user="weeds123"]
    Incidentally, it'll be the Giants' 8th ring. A Giants fan should know full well that NFL existed long before some marketing schmuck came up with the "Super Bowl" schtick. Afterall, it's not our fault that our guys were winning championships before the Bears, Packers, Giants and Cardinals allowed all of these expansion franchises into the league...right?
    [/quote]lol you sound just like Eagles fans who try and justify their inadequacy.

Bench Player

I love it here in dc i dont have to listen to them talk about the wizards.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="weeds123"]
    [/quote]lol you sound just like Eagles fans who try and justify their inadequacy.
    [/quote]

Not at all ... the Giants' fan said that the Giants only have 3 rings when in reality, they have 7. Going for 8.
    Is that better?

dude. is this the first super bowl you've ever followed? it's always like this, and with the advances of social networking, and the popularity of espn, the hype will just get bigger and bigger every year.

get used to it...and more importantly, enjoy it. other teams fans would love to be watching their team on the news 24/7 for two weeks. i think it's marvelous.

not to mention, you have the choice to not pay attention to the media this week. just sayin.