+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SB 46 X-Factor is ?, Previous XF vs ATL - Coaching, GB - Line, SF - QBs

First playoff game vs the Falcons - I felt Coaching would be the biggest x-factor, and I believe we saw that actually play a big part.

Second game Vs GB - I did not put an X-Factor in, as we all knew what it would come down to. And that would be the line play of both teams and both sides of the ball.

Third game vs SF - I felt that if the defenses would play up to par to their rep. It would come down to QB play. We saw the QB play of Eli vs Smith and the effect it had in the game. STs also had a big role.

SB 46 - I really feel it is obvious this week what the X-Factors are for this game, but I figured I would put it up as well. Feel free to add yours.

Giants - Offense -Mario and TEs (Ballard if healthy or Beckum). I do believe the Nicks and Cruz will get theirs, but it might not be the typical amount, if the pats defense does what most think they will do, which is double Nicks and Cruz. Or even Drop 8 or 9 to defend. Then it will be a great way for AB and BJ to put a hurting on them.

Defense - Obviously it is the line play. Beyond that, I would say Safeties, whether its KP or Rolle giving extra help vs the TE and/or Welker. Also I think one of our secondary players will get an INT, I believe it will be Webster

NE - Offense - Welker is obvious choice, yet Chad Johnson is what the X-Factor is all about ( I noticed a few bringing him up lately). Watch out for Woodhead as well, if Chad doesn't step up.

Defense - Wilkfork - I think if the Pats have any chance on defense to either slowing us down or beating us it would be him vs our offensive line specifically Baas. More then likely one of the Guards will have to help Baas double Wilfork. (unless Baas has his best game as a NY GIant (hopefully he does))

I think we can all agree on the QBs doing their thing. I do think though, if the Giants defensive line gets to Brady similar to the SB 42, he will show once again, that he is not the same QB when he doesn't have a clean pocket. Unlike what Eli showed the world when he got man handled by SF. If the weather was better, that game would not have been as close.

It is funny after all the years I have been saying that Brady, Peyton and Brees are not the same when hit or knocked around. Yet we have seen that Eli is a different beast when it comes to this. I have heard a couple analysts starting to say the same thing the last 2-3 days.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: SB 46 X-Factor, Previous XF vs ATL - Coaching, GB - Line, SF - QBs, SB 46 -

[quote user="DragonSoul"]First playoff game vs the Falcons - I felt Coaching would be the biggest x-factor, and I believe we saw that actually play a big part. Second game Vs GB - I did not put an X-Factor in, as we all knew what it would come down to. And that would be the line play of both teams and both sides of the ball. Third game vs SF - I felt that if the defenses would play up to par to their rep. It would come down to QB play. We saw the QB play of Eli vs Smith and the effect it had in the game. STs also had a big role. SB 46 - I really feel it is obvious this week what the X-Factors are for this game, but I figured I would put it up as well. Feel free to add yours. Giants - Offense -Mario and TEs (Ballard if healthy or Beckum). I do believe the Nicks and Cruz will get theirs, but it might not be the typical amount, if the pats defense does what most think they will do, which is double Nicks and Cruz. Or even Drop 8 or 9 to defend. Then it will be a great way for AB and BJ to put a hurting on them. Defense - Obviously it is the line play. Beyond that, I would say Safeties, whether its KP or Rolle giving extra help vs the TE and/or Welker. Also I think one of our 2ndry will get an INT, I believe it will be Webster NE - Offense - Welker is obvious, and Chad Johnson (noticed a few bringing him up lately). Watch out for Woodhead as well. Defense - Wilkfork - I think if the Pats have any chance on defense to either slowing us down or beating us it is him vs our offensive line specifically Baas. More then likely one of the Guards will have to help Baas double Wilfork. (unless Baas has his best game as a NY GIant) I think we can all agree on the QBs doing their thing. I do think though, if the Giants defensive line gets to Brady similar to the SB 42, he will show once again, that he is not the same QB when he doesn't have a clean pocket. Unlike what Eli showed the world when he got man handled by SF. If the weather was better, the game would not have been as close. It is funny after all the years I have been saying that Brady, Peyton and Brees are not the same when hit or knocked around while Eli is a different beast when it comes to this. Now I have heard a couple people starting to say the same thing.[/quote]

wow.......16x.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="DragonSoul"]First playoff game vs the Falcons - I felt Coaching would be the biggest x-factor, and I believe we saw that actually play a big part. Second game Vs GB - I did not put an X-Factor in, as we all knew what it would come down to. And that would be the line play of both teams and both sides of the ball. Third game vs SF - I felt that if the defenses would play up to par to their rep. It would come down to QB play. We saw the QB play of Eli vs Smith and the effect it had in the game. STs also had a big role. SB 46 - I really feel it is obvious this week what the X-Factors are for this game, but I figured I would put it up as well. Feel free to add yours. Giants - Offense -Mario and TEs (Ballard if healthy or Beckum). I do believe the Nicks and Cruz will get theirs, but it might not be the typical amount, if the pats defense does what most think they will do, which is double Nicks and Cruz. Or even Drop 8 or 9 to defend. Then it will be a great way for AB and BJ to put a hurting on them. Defense - Obviously it is the line play. Beyond that, I would say Safeties, whether its KP or Rolle giving extra help vs the TE and/or Welker. Also I think one of our 2ndry will get an INT, I believe it will be Webster NE - Offense - Welker is obvious, and Chad Johnson (noticed a few bringing him up lately). Watch out for Woodhead as well. Defense - Wilkfork - I think if the Pats have any chance on defense to either slowing us down or beating us it is him vs our offensive line specifically Baas. More then likely one of the Guards will have to help Baas double Wilfork. (unless Baas has his best game as a NY GIant) I think we can all agree on the QBs doing their thing. I do think though, if the Giants defensive line gets to Brady similar to the SB 42, he will show once again, that he is not the same QB when he doesn't have a clean pocket. Unlike what Eli showed the world when he got man handled by SF. If the weather was better, the game would not have been as close. It is funny after all the years I have been saying that Brady, Peyton and Brees are not the same when hit or knocked around while Eli is a different beast when it comes to this. Now I have heard a couple people starting to say the same thing.[/quote]

wow.......16x.....

[/quote]Umm does that mean you agree or am i missing your point?
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Veteran

Re: SB 46 X-Factor is ?, Previous XF vs ATL - Coaching, GB - Line, SF - QBs

[link]http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2465760.aspx[/link]

Though I was using the term to talk about a surprise player who will step up and make an impact.

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="GameTime"]

wow.......16x.....

[/quote]Umm does that mean you agree or am i missing your point?[/quote]

i think it means you been tooting your own horn way too much

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="GameTime"]

wow.......16x.....

Just because you dont capitalize it doesnt mean its not there. Just busting your balls man. When writing its usually more effective if you use the words "I", "me", "my" very sparingly.If not itgives the heir of self importance. Its your post....we know you wrote it. We dont need to be reminded over and over that YOU said this or that.

As far as your comments. Some good stuff. You mention pretty much everyone on the Giants startingoffense with the exception of some of the linemen and Hynoski. On D you cover all postions save the LBrs. BTW....Kiwi and BoleyI feel will be huge in this game. Stunts blitzes from these two plus good TE coverage will be needed.

This game will come down to the LOS on both sides of the ball. Brady gets too much time the Gianst will suffer. Same goes for the Pats if Eli has the time too. All the players will do what they do if the QBs dont get pressured. Save for any flukey plays or monumental mistakes this game will be on the LOS.....

You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Re: SB 46 X-Factor is ?, Previous XF vs ATL - Coaching, GB - Line, SF - QBs

[quote user="NY_Eli"][link]http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2465760.aspx[/link]

Though I was using the term to talk about a surprise player who will step up and make an impact.[/quote]Was making these threads since the playoffs. Waited a week till it was SB week to post it up again.

I was looking @ some of what you were saying, but sometimes an X-factor is not just a surprise player. Even though I try to go that route, or at least a player over looked.

At times the surprise player as you mentioned is the x-factor as well, and other times is not. Like in the 1st week were the Coaches, and not the players.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="GameTime"][quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="GameTime"]

wow.......16x.....

Just because you dont capitalize it doesnt mean its not there. Just busting your balls man. When writing its usually more effective if you use the words "I", "me", "my" very sparingly.*If not it*gives the heir of self importance. Its your post....we know you wrote it. We dont need to be reminded over and over that YOU said this or that.

As far as your comments. Some good stuff. You mention pretty much everyone on the Giants starting*offense with the exception of some of the linemen and Hynoski. On D you cover all postions save the LBrs. BTW....Kiwi and Boley*I feel will be huge in this game. Stunts blitzes from these two plus good TE coverage will be needed.

This game will come down to the LOS on both sides of the ball. Brady gets too much time the Gianst will suffer. Same goes for the Pats if Eli has the time too. All the players will do what they do if the QBs dont get pressured. Save for any flukey plays or monumental mistakes this game will be on the LOS.....

[/quote]Fair point on the Bolded letters lol. Some of those were used in relation to WE, or even referring to others as "heard others also saying". While some of those you had to add the Bolded letter to describe.

Still its appreciated that you are brining it to my attention. Over looked the excess use of the letter that is bolded that you are bringing up. Could have written it a bit differently.That was not the intent of the write up.

Back to what you wrote. Agreed on most, but w/o Boley and or kiwi playing as they have in the past we might not stand a chance. Working on the presumption that the defense that has played will continue to play as they have for over a months time.

Also as you mentioned the QBS at the end, were the same reasons they were left out. It is a pretty obvious factor(s). If either is controlled that that could mean the other team walks away with it. So based on those assumptions you have too feel/think the obvious trend (nothing guaranteed) will continue in this game.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="GameTime"]

wow.......16x.....

i think it means you been tooting your own horn way too much[/quote]Apparently. Guess on some of those I's they can be replaced with we, they, them, others, and so on.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="GameTime"][quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="GameTime"]

wow.......16x.....

Just because you dont capitalize it doesnt mean its not there. Just busting your balls man. When writing its usually more effective if you use the words "I", "me", "my" very sparingly.If not itgives the heir of self importance. Its your post....we know you wrote it. We dont need to be reminded over and over that YOU said this or that.

As far as your comments. Some good stuff. You mention pretty much everyone on the Giants startingoffense with the exception of some of the linemen and Hynoski. On D you cover all postions save the LBrs. BTW....Kiwi and BoleyI feel will be huge in this game. Stunts blitzes from these two plus good TE coverage will be needed.

[/quote]Fair point on the Bolded letters lol. Some of those were used in relation to WE, or even referring to others as "heard others also saying". While some of those you had to add the Bolded letter to describe. Still its appreciated that you are brining it to my attention. Over looked the excess use of the letter that is bolded that you are bringing up. Could have written it a bit differently.That was not the intent of the write up. Back to what you wrote. Agreed on most, but w/o Boley and or kiwi playing as they have in the past we might not stand a chance. Working on the presumption that the defense that has played will continue to play as they have for over a months time. Also as you mentioned the QBS at the end, were the same reasons they were left out. It is a pretty obvious factor(s). If either is controlled that that could mean the other team walks away with it. So based on those assumptions you have too feel/think the obvious trend (nothing guaranteed) will continue in this game.[/quote]

Boley and Kiwi will have a huge gameIMO.

The LOS needs to be won by the Giants. If they win it in the trenches on either side everything else will fall into place. Obvious statement maybe but it has to happen.