+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

MLB- Designated Hitter to go away ???

I was watching tonight's episode of Hot Stove on the MLBN and they were talking about how either this Season or next the DH was supposed to go away.

About how the DH was instituted back in the 70's to boost up "offensive numbers"

About how the DH robs the game of "strategy" in regards to a Pitchers at-bat and so forth

I grew up with the DH Rules and so, unlike our older more esteemed fans of the Game, I would hate to see the DH simply go away.

I get the strategy aspect and all, but Chien Mang Wang's DISASTER has never been forgotten by me...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Re: MLB- Designated Hitter to go away ???

It will never happen

They would have to give AL teams a big notice if they were going to do that. AL teams give big money contracts with the idea that players can be in that spot

I hope it stays too, but with Selig...

Thats one thing that's cool about baseball is the two conferences have different rules.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]They would have to give AL teams a big notice if they were going to do that. AL teams give big money contracts with the idea that players can be in that spot[/quote]
    Most DH guys can play right field. Thats the easiest fielding position.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]They would have to give AL teams a big notice if they were going to do that. AL teams give big money contracts with the idea that players can be in that spot[/quote]
    Most DH guys can play right field. Thats the easiest fielding position.[/quote]

First base*
    Do you see Ortiz covering anything more than 8 feet in the outfield?

I actually think baseball would be better without the DH, but I see the NL adopting it before the AL losing it.

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]They would have to give AL teams a big notice if they were going to do that. AL teams give big money contracts with the idea that players can be in that spot[/quote]

First base*

I actually think baseball would be better without the DH, but I see the NL adopting it before the AL losing it.[/quote]

offense sells tickets [Y] []

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]They would have to give AL teams a big notice if they were going to do that. AL teams give big money contracts with the idea that players can be in that spot[/quote]

First base*

I actually think baseball would be better without the DH, but I see the NL adopting it before the AL losing it.[/quote]
    First base isn't as easy as right field. Guys like Ortiz can't play RF because their fat as fudge. Most DH guys would be put at RF.

I've never much liked the "strategy" of an automatic out coming up to bat with the game on the line. I understand the flip side to that argument, but that's always how I see it.