+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MLB- Designated Hitter to go away ???

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]They would have to give AL teams a big notice if they were going to do that. AL teams give big money contracts with the idea that players can be in that spot[/quote]
    Most DH guys can play right field. Thats the easiest fielding position.[/quote]

First base*
    Do you see Ortiz covering anything more than 8 feet in the outfield?

I actually think baseball would be better without the DH, but I see the NL adopting it before the AL losing it.[/quote]
    First base isn't as easy as right field. Guys like Ortiz can't play RF because their fat as fudge. Most DH guys would be put at RF.[/quote]

I'm not saying 1st is easier than RF because it isn't. However, it is more of what the DH has created which is more of the bed for the aged fielder/immobile if they were to eliminate it now. Only guys I can see being able to play LF is Damon, Guerrero, Matsui, Luke Scott.

I've never much liked the "strategy" of an automatic out coming up to bat with the game on the line. I understand the flip side to that argument, but that's always how I see it.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]

I'm not saying 1st is easier than RF because it isn't. However, it is more of what the DH has created which is more of the bed for the aged fielder/immobile if they were to eliminate it now. Only guys I can see being able to play LF is Damon, Guerrero, Matsui, Luke Scott.[/quote]

which is the sheer genius of Pujols going to an AL team.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I heard it was the other way around. That the DH will be permanent in every league.
    DH = $$$
    Pitcher Healthy = $$$

[quote user="NYfanatic"]I heard it was the other way around. That the DH will be permanent in every league.
    DH = $$$
    Pitcher Healthy = $$$
    [/quote]

...poor Chien Mang Wang

[quote user="NYfanatic"]I heard it was the other way around. That the DH will be permanent in every league.
    DH = $$$
    Pitcher Healthy = $$$
    [/quote]

This would make sense. However, Selig makes NO Sense... but you never know.

Maybe that's why Cashman traded away Montero..maybe he had some "inside" word about the DH going away? Montero probably can't play any position, maybe 1B or RF in the future but not anytime soon.

But seriously as a yankees fan I kinda hope the DH stays for 3-4 more years, we are gonna need it to give aging stars some days off so to speak.

I don't know, Montero would have been fun in a few more seasons, once the older guys would have stepped down and all.

I am worried that Cash may dangle Nova out there though...

[quote user="calzonesays"]Maybe that's why Cashman traded away Montero..maybe he had some "inside" word about the DH going away?* Montero probably can't play any position, maybe 1B or RF in the future but not anytime soon.

But seriously as a yankees fan I kinda hope the DH stays for 3-4 more years, we are gonna need it to give aging stars some days off so to speak.
    [/quote]

Montero was traded because we needed pitching. Otherwise, he would have projected as the future starting catcher down the road.

The DH isn't going anywhere in 3-4 years. If changes were to occur, it will be discussed in the new CBA meetings in the future, especially since losing the DH would result in HUGE financial ramifications for certain all ready high paid players.