+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-Pro

Starting to worry about the Patriots OL.

They are really good. If they do a good job of protection the QB can the Giants secondary cover all their weapons?

I also heard a stat that bothered me. The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL. That works against the Giants. They like to have their opponent in 3rd and long and get pressure. Well what team doesn't? Just saying, that stat works in their favor.

I hope the extra time off helps Tuck because he was playing so good the past few weeks and maybe an extra week off will make him feel even better. They need to pressure the QB all day.

Re: Starting to worry about the Patriots OL.

[quote user="buddy33"]They are really good. If they do a good job of protection the QB can the Giants secondary cover all their weapons? I also heard a stat that bothered me. The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL. That works against the Giants. They like to have their opponent in 3rd and long and get pressure. Well what team doesn't? Just saying, that stat works in their favor. I hope the extra time off helps Tuck because he was playing so good the past few weeks and maybe an extra week off will make him feel even better. They need to pressure the QB all day.[/quote]

they are a SB team....of course they will have good stats in some or many areas.

The Giants have good stats too....

maybe you are getting a little anxious for the game......lol

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

yea the o-line is good thats what makes Brady; however, our d-line is also good and imo will make Brady throw before he has to. Bradys worried about these guys and they are gonna be on his mind all day.

all game it'll be survival of the fittest. i think they will get their 1st downs but hopefully the defense can shut them down on the more important ones.

all these guys should be ready to go! i just hope they can pick up where they left off in SF....cause turnovers and score enough points!

Veteran

Cue Pakman in 3....2....1...

[quote user="buddy33"]They are really good. If they do a good job of protection the QB can the Giants secondary cover all their weapons?

I also heard a stat that bothered me. The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL. That works against the Giants. They like to have their opponent in 3rd and long and get pressure. Well what team doesn't? Just saying, that stat works in their favor.

I hope the extra time off helps Tuck because he was playing so good the past few weeks and maybe an extra week off will make him feel even better. They need to pressure the QB all day.[/quote]

"The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL."

Look at Patriots schedule. It was one of the easiest schedules in the entire NFL. Patriots didn't even beat one team over .500 until the Ravens and Evans dropped a game winning TD. I think the Giants will get pressure on Brady but I don't think they even need to put a ton of pressure on him for Giants to win. I think the Patriots secondary is so bad that Eli and WR company will tear them up.

Patriots had the 2nd worst pass defense (yards) in the entire history of the NFL. And they faced a cupcake schedule with opposing QBs like Henne (416 yards), Rivers (378 yards), Fitzpatrick (369 yards), Campbell (344 yards), Romo (317 yards), Big Ben (365 yards), Vince Young (400 yards), Orlovsky (353 yards), Grossman (252 yards), Moore (294 yards), PLAYOFF Flacco (320 yards with 3 TDs if Evans doesn't drop TD)...

Brady was sacked 32 times this year.. Rodgers was sacked 36, Both in top 15 of most sacked QB's.. Their O-Line is beatable we sacked brady twice in the game earlier this year.. Rested D. I have confidence they can get it done.

Everybody keeps talking about how the Patriots secondary sucks, but if you look at their season, they really haven't given up that many points. Giants will have to score 7 instead of 3 on every opportunity, I feel that's very crucial.

they still have Matt Light at LT? ...no worries..

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="buddy33"]They are really good. If they do a good job of protection the QB can the Giants secondary cover all their weapons? I also heard a stat that bothered me. The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL. That works against the Giants. They like to have their opponent in 3rd and long and get pressure. Well what team doesn't? Just saying, that stat works in their favor. I hope the extra time off helps Tuck because he was playing so good the past few weeks and maybe an extra week off will make him feel even better. They need to pressure the QB all day.[/quote]

they are a SB team....of course they will have good stats in some or many areas.

The Giants have good stats too....

maybe you are getting a little anxious for the game......lol

[/quote]
    +1. We're not going to be playing the 2-14 Colts.

And guess what? The Pats aren't playing the 2-14 Colts either.

i keep maintaining that if vince wilfork doesn't have a game like he did against the ravens, then i think our offense will score more on their defense than vice-versa.

and as their offense HAS to score more, it plays into the strength of our defense.

if its a tight game score wise, i think we're at a disadvantage because the Pats offense just scores more.