+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It kills me when the Media talks Tyree and 07

I realize it was the single most impt and game changing catch of all time in the SB and it was not even a TD but.........................

When everyone talks Tyree they seem to leave out that he actually caught a TD pass in that game. And without that, the catch everyone talks about would prob have been meaningless

Also think about Tyree. Think about if a Genie or Palm reader (dont believe in that lol) came to him the day before and said to him that he would catch a TD in the SB and it would not even be mentioned when they talk about him over and over and over in years to come. That the play he would be remembered for would not be a Game winning TD catch, but way more impt then one... He would be like WHAT?????

Crazy when you think about it.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: It kills me when the Media talks Tyree and 07

[quote user="miked1958"]

I realize it was the single most impt and game changing catch of all time in the SB and it was not even a TD but.........................

When everyone talks Tyree they seem to leave out that he actually caught a TD pass in that game. And without that, the catch everyone talks about would prob have been meaningless

Also think about Tyree. Think about if a Genie or Palm reader (dont believe in that lol) came to him the day before and said to him that he would catch a TD in the SB and it would not even be mentioned when they talk about him over and over and over in years to come. That the play he would be remembered for would not be a Game winning TD catch, but way more impt then one... He would be like WHAT?????

[/quote]

No doubt, Also crazy to think that he had a horrible week of practice leading up to the game and still told Eli that he would be there for him during the game.. People talk about Destiny, In 2007 and hopefully this year we'll ring that same bell. Nice Post.

The media focusing on the most amazing catch in Super Bowl history since the Immaculate Reception?

What the hell is this world coming to?!

P.S. - He also happened to be one of the best gunners I've ever seen.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]

I hear you - some people say the defense was the "real" mvp of that game, it's surprising no one mentions Tyree of even being in the running for mvp.

[quote user="NYG4ME"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]

Thanks. Its just that alot of people (sometimes that includes Gmen Fans) just seem to LEAVE out that he caught a very IMPT TD in that game.

With that said, I know there are other threads dedicated to this titled "UNSUNG HERO" or "X-FACTOR" but i will put mine here to.

I think this year Eli could use any advantage he can to win this game and the person that steps up when the time comes may not be who we think it will be (Cruz,MM, Nicks). I am thinking we may be talking about Beckum, D. Thomas, JJ or maybe even Barden if he is Active....

Who knows.

No doubt, Also crazy to think that he had a horrible week of practice leading up to the game and still told Eli that he would be there for him during the game.. People talk about Destiny, In 2007 and hopefully this year we'll ring that same bell. Nice Post.
    [/quote]

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="Kruunch"]The media focusing on the most amazing catch in Super Bowl history since the Immaculate Reception? What the hell is this world coming to?![/quote]

Oh i understand it. I know why its done the way it is and i dont disagree. It was the single most important BEST play in SB History. I mean it gets talked about more then a Game winning catch by Plax with 35 seconds left.. so i understand. really i do.

BUT i never once in all the years of hearing people talk about this game hear any of them mention that he grabbed a TD pass in the game to.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]The media focusing on the most amazing catch in Super Bowl history since the Immaculate Reception? What the hell is this world coming to?![/quote]

Oh i understand it. I know why its done the way it is and i dont disagree. It was the single most important BEST play in SB History. I mean it gets talked about more then a Game winning catch by Plax with 35 seconds left.. so i understand. really i do.

BUT i never once in all the years of hearing people talk about this game hear any of them mention that he grabbed a TD pass in the game to.

[/quote]

Well if you going to overshadow a TD catch in a Super Bowl ... that's the way to do it.

I'd feel worse for him if Plax had made the helmet catch because then Tyree wouldn't have been mentioned at all.

Tyree was a great player for us and total stud on special teams. Ironically he was never that great of a wide receiver .... except in the biggest game of his life.

It really is a great back story to that Super Bowl.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

It pisses me off for a different reason actually. That catch made people forget we whooped the Pats butt for 60 minutes. Our defense flat out dominated.

It also made it seem like that was the game winning play. If i remember right, that play was only 3rd down.

My favorite play of the SB was when Gibril Wilson planted Brady shortly after he released the ball.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote] Well if you going to overshadow a TD catch in a Super Bowl ... that's the way to do it. I'd feel worse for him if Plax had made the helmet catch because then Tyree wouldn't have been mentioned at all. Tyree was a great player for us and total stud on special teams. Ironically he was never that great of a wide receiver .... except in the biggest game of his life. It really is a great back story to that Super Bowl.[/quote]

Funny you say it because they are talking about that catch on Espn first take right now. again no mention of his TD catch..

and they are calling the the Luckiest catch of ALLTIME.. Please

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote] Well if you going to overshadow a TD catch in a Super Bowl ... that's the way to do it. I'd feel worse for him if Plax had made the helmet catch because then Tyree wouldn't have been mentioned at all. Tyree was a great player for us and total stud on special teams. Ironically he was never that great of a wide receiver .... except in the biggest game of his life. It really is a great back story to that Super Bowl.[/quote]

Funny you say it because they are talking about that catch on Espn first take right now. again no mention of his TD catch..

and they are calling the the Luckiest catch of ALLTIME.. Please

[/quote]

A previously unheralded and unaccomplished receiver catching a bomb against his helmet while being draped by the hardest hitting and dirtiest Safety in the NFL at the time.

Somehow I don't think that was a play Gilbride drew up

You guys really need to appreciate what you experienced ... 20 years from now you'll be able to tell your kids you watched it happen.

It really was a one in a million play (both the throw and the catch).