+ Reply to Thread

Watched Americas Game of SB 25 and it was great to remind you of a few things.

1) Forgot how Jeff Hostetler was a very mobile QB.

2) When Burt took down Jeff with a questionable hit, the defense got pissed and went after Montana and that is when Marshall laid him out.

3) I was a big fan of Hampton, but I was also a big fan of Meggett. Wow did he have moves. I hated when he left us.

4) OJ saying his destiny was to win the SB in his home state and be named the MVP of the SB. He thought the year prior when he lost the playoff game that his dream was over, till a player I think ingram said next year it is in TB. So OJ said well then my dream will come true next year, and it did when they beat Buffalo in SB 25.

5) Ingram started to talk to OJ, and said you know there was a RB in Arizona wearing number 32 (cannot recall if that was the correct number) named OJ. He was a beast and I was a big fan of his when I was in school. OJ looked at Ingram and said that was me. (thought that was very funny)
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Veteran

Re: Watched Americas Game of SB 25 and it was great to remind you of a few things.

[quote user="DragonSoul"]1) Forgot how Jeff Hostetler was a very mobile QB.

2) When Burt took down Jeff with a questionable hit, the defense got pissed and went after Montana and that is when Marshall laid him out.

3) I was a big fan of Hampton, but I was also a big fan of Meggett. Wow did he have moves. I hated when he left us.

4) OJ saying his destiny was to win the SB in his home state and be named the MVP of the SB. He thought the year prior when he lost the playoff game that his dream was over, till a player I think ingram said next year it is in TB. So OJ said well then my dream will come true next year, and it did when they beat Buffalo in SB 25.

5) Ingram started to talk to OJ, and said you know there was a RB in Arizona wearing number 32 (cannot recall if that was the correct number) named OJ. He was a beast and I was a big fan of his when I was in school. OJ looked at Ingram and said that was me. (thought that was very funny)[/quote]

I wasn't a fan back then, but if I saw number 2 happen I would go crazy.

Nothing like seeing your team get pissed and want payback

Re: Watched Americas Game of SB 25 and it was great to remind you of a few things.

[quote user="DragonSoul"]1) Forgot how Jeff Hostetler was a very mobile QB. 2) When Burt took down Jeff with a questionable hit, the defense got pissed and went after Montana and that is when Marshall laid him out. 3) I was a big fan of Hampton, but I was also a big fan of Meggett. Wow did he have moves. I hated when he left us. 4) OJ saying his destiny was to win the SB in his home state and be named the MVP of the SB. He thought the year prior when he lost the playoff game that his dream was over, till a player I think ingram said next year it is in TB. So OJ said well then my dream will come true next year, and it did when they beat Buffalo in SB 25. 5) Ingram started to talk to OJ, and said you know there was a RB in Arizona wearing number 32 (cannot recall if that was the correct number) named OJ. He was a beast and I was a big fan of his when I was in school. OJ looked at Ingram and said that was me. (thought that was very funny)[/quote]

I loved Meggett -- I always like the little guys that can. AB reminds me so much of Meggett.

Amazing that we won SB 25 with both our back up QB and RB. Anderson was a starter for most of his career, but not for us. That was Hampton's rookie year and he went down near the end of the season and Anderson took over full time duties. Anderson was a big dude -- reminded me of BJ.

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="DragonSoul"]1) Forgot how Jeff Hostetler was a very mobile QB. 2) When Burt took down Jeff with a questionable hit, the defense got pissed and went after Montana and that is when Marshall laid him out. 3) I was a big fan of Hampton, but I was also a big fan of Meggett. Wow did he have moves. I hated when he left us. 4) OJ saying his destiny was to win the SB in his home state and be named the MVP of the SB. He thought the year prior when he lost the playoff game that his dream was over, till a player I think ingram said next year it is in TB. So OJ said well then my dream will come true next year, and it did when they beat Buffalo in SB 25. 5) Ingram started to talk to OJ, and said you know there was a RB in Arizona wearing number 32 (cannot recall if that was the correct number) named OJ. He was a beast and I was a big fan of his when I was in school. OJ looked at Ingram and said that was me. (thought that was very funny)[/quote]

I loved Meggett -- I always like the little guys that can.* AB reminds me so much of Meggett.*

Amazing that we won SB 25 with both our back up QB and RB.* Anderson was a starter for most of his career, but not for us.* That was Hampton's rookie year and he went down near the end of the season and Anderson took over full time duties.* Anderson was a big dude -- reminded me of BJ.

[/quote]Yep. I remember the big picture of that SB, but not the other story lines. So it really was great to watch this episode of Americas Game.

It was on at like 3am, stayed up 2 finish watching that, then went to bed.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"]1) Forgot how Jeff Hostetler was a very mobile QB.

5) Ingram started to talk to OJ, and said you know there was a RB in Arizona wearing number 32 (cannot recall if that was the correct number) named OJ. He was a beast and I was a big fan of his when I was in school. OJ looked at Ingram and said that was me. (thought that was very funny)[/quote]

I soooo missed Dent Head.

One of our best returners too.

The biggest thing I remember about SB25 was Bellichik coming up with a 2 man rush and dropping 9 to clog the short game.

Friggin genius.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="DragonSoul"]1) Forgot how Jeff Hostetler was a very mobile QB. 2) When Burt took down Jeff with a questionable hit, the defense got pissed and went after Montana and that is when Marshall laid him out. 3) I was a big fan of Hampton, but I was also a big fan of Meggett. Wow did he have moves. I hated when he left us. 4) OJ saying his destiny was to win the SB in his home state and be named the MVP of the SB. He thought the year prior when he lost the playoff game that his dream was over, till a player I think ingram said next year it is in TB. So OJ said well then my dream will come true next year, and it did when they beat Buffalo in SB 25. 5) Ingram started to talk to OJ, and said you know there was a RB in Arizona wearing number 32 (cannot recall if that was the correct number) named OJ. He was a beast and I was a big fan of his when I was in school. OJ looked at Ingram and said that was me. (thought that was very funny)[/quote] I soooo missed Dent Head. One of our best returners too. The biggest thing I remember about SB25 was Bellichik coming up with a 2 man rush and dropping 9 to clog the short game. Friggin genius.[/quote]

BB's defensive plan for SB 25 is actually in the HOF. I think it's the only defensive plan for a SB in there (could be wrong about that one).

[quote user="JJC7301"]

I loved Meggett -- I always like the little guys that can.* AB reminds me so much of Meggett.*

Amazing that we won SB 25 with both our back up QB and RB.* Anderson was a starter for most of his career, but not for us.* That was Hampton's rookie year and he went down near the end of the season and Anderson took over full time duties.* Anderson was a big dude -- reminded me of BJ.

[/quote]

Ottis actually started 11 games for us that season...