+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We will call them "The Seven - Eleven Giants"

Since '07, whenever a team was floundering in the middle of the season or was a long shot to make it to the Super Bowl, people would say "Yeah, but look at what the '07 Giants did." It was immediately dismissed as a fluke once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.

Now, the Giants are on the verge of doing it again. There are way more similarities than differences. No longer, can anyone say it's not like 2007. It could hardly be more like 2007. And if the Giants fulfill their destiny, the two years will be inextricably connected.

People will say, look at what the 7-11 Giants did.

7-Eleven stores should capitalize on this action.

Re: We will call them "The 7-11 Giants"

Honestly all that makes me think is we played an 18 game season, had 7-11 record, somehow made the playoffs, went on to the super bowl and won it.

:P.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]Honestly all that makes me think is we played an 18 game season, had 7-11 record, somehow made the playoffs, went on to the super bowl and won it.

:P.[/quote]
    Better? (Changed thread title.)

i can see this beginning to stick already!

The "SEVEN/ELEVEN" Giants!

Re: We will call them "The Seven - Eleven Giants"

God I hope not...

All-Pro

I thought you were calling the WRs the 7-11 Giants, cause they were always open.

[quote user="krygny"]Since '07, whenever a team was floundering in the middle of the season or was a long shot to make it to the Super Bowl, people would say "Yeah, but look at what the '07 Giants did." It was immediately dismissed as a fluke once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.

Now, the Giants are on the verge of doing it again. There are way more similarities than differences. No longer, can anyone say it's not like 2007. It could hardly be more like 2007. And if the Giants fulfill their destiny, the two years will be inextricably connected.

People will say, look at what the 7-11 Giants did.

7-Eleven stores should capitalize on this action.

[/quote]

I see it now: COUGHLIN DOING A BRAIN FREEZE COMMERCIAL WITH A SLURPEE

good times
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Next thing you know, they'll be calling the Giant defense the "46 Defense"...and Gilbride will have nightmares...

I approve this name
    --80--

Eh, the Giants of 07/11 seasons were not the same Giants of the playoffs of 08/12. But that's just me. I've always referred to 08 opposed to 07 since it was a tale of two seasons that year.